Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Help !!!    

Help !!!

AACG
Argentina

Help !!!

Hello dear friends,
As a coordinator of a High School, I developed a project to place students in different classes according to their achievement in English, skills for the language, commitment to study and so on (e.g: a student may be in level B in the English class, regardless if he is attending 1st or 2nd year at the school)The results have been really positive. The point is that some of the school authorities are not really convinced and are asking me fot the theoretical framework to support the project. I made the project based on both my personal experience and the experience in other institutions.
Any ideas where I can find this theory to back up this project?
Thanks for your help.

19 Oct 2010      

MoodyMoody
United States

Try using the ERIC search engine to find what you �re looking for; it accesses TESOL Quarterly. I hope you can find some journal articles to help support what you �re trying to do. It sounds like Argentinian schools are even worse than American schools about "social promotion" rather than promotion by achievement, and I thought ours were pretty bad. It makes me glad that I don �t work for the school system...

20 Oct 2010