Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > HELP!!!! I need to find a video!!!    

HELP!!!! I need to find a video!!!

navarrovizcaino
Spain

HELP!!!! I need to find a video!!!

Hi everyone and happy sunday.. though we only have a few hours left (here in Spain)

I �m looking for a video in English, of course, to show my students about hunger or people starving or the importance of being thankful because we have food to eat every day. Let me explain why.

I �m a secondary teacher at a private school here in Spain and during lunchtime I also have to monitor them. this year we have changed the menu as they werent eating enough vegetables or healthy food last year. so now we hardly ever have chips or sweets desserts. the problem is that they are sooooo spoiled and fussy that for them everything is "disgusting" and they refuse to eat the lunch, which by the way, is also my lunch as I eat at school and I can try the food before they do, so I know very well what the different dishes taste like.

I think that we, as teachers, also need to show them how lucky they are  they have something to eat every single day and that there are other people out there who would beg to eat the food they so much detest!!!

please I need to find a video to teach them a lesson as my lunchtime is becoming a hell..they keep complaining about everything and i �m really getting very stressed out and depressed about my students �s lack of manners.
 thanks in advance!!!

24 Oct 2010      

baiba
Latvia

Hi

Check this video http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/video/2008/aug/01/green.famine. There are other good documentaries on the site, see which is more suitable for you.

24 Oct 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

I personally think this movie is really powerfull.
We showed it to our 6th graders and the homeroom teacher said it was the first time in her career that the class was absolutely silent.
It is called �chicken a la carte �
Here �s the link:

It is only 6 minutes long and has no words except for the song in the back ground.
Notice how the father makes tham say �thanks� for the food before they eat...heartbreaking

24 Oct 2010     

mouradhope
Algeria

Hi there

Try this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzZD9GWSALA

24 Oct 2010     

navarrovizcaino
Spain

MANY THANKS!!!!

24 Oct 2010     

queenpadme
Turkey

the movie blind side is so impressive.I hope it will help you.

24 Oct 2010