Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Reported contributions    

Reported contributions

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dear Nana,

There �s absolutely no need to go on and on about this topic since Victor has already given you a very clear answer. He is the owner of this website, so if he says your wss are against the rules, then they definitely are!!

Let me cite one of your statements if you don �t mind:

The past Perfect worksheet has an exercise adapted from a ESL website but I believe this was created before the ESL printables rules changed.

We have NEVER been allowed to adapt exercises from other ESL sources such as books or websites - not before the new rules were applied and surely not afterwards!

As a moderator I �ve been able to check all your contributions thoroughly and I must say that the reporters are right: you �ve just copied texts from other websites and haven �t added any tasks at all. And when you did add some exercises they were not even your own work...

Like Victor said, "you added a possible activity in the description, the content of the worksheet is not yours". I �m afraid your account will soon be cancelled.

Best wishes - Silke

25 Oct 2010     

Nana Lins
Brazil

Hi Ladybird!
I love your worksheets by the way.
I �ve sent Victor a PM.
At first, I just wanted an explanation and the possibility of explaining myself. I just didn �t want to be offended. Then, what I would like is to have the rules applied to everyone equally.
I would be really sad if my account were cancelled because I �m not here for the points, it �s not a competition. I used these materials with my students and had great results and thought they would be useful to other teachers. All I wanted an explanation so that I wouldn �t make the same mistake again. But if you cancell my account, there is nothing I can do about it.
But I can �t help considering it unfair being judged and offended by someone who has already made the same mistake.

25 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

It �s not me who will cancel your account - it �s Victor, who is the only one allowed and able to do that. ;))

I think if you tell Victor that this has all been a huge misunderstanding on your side, he might refrain from deleting your account, because you didn �t "cheat" on purpose. If I were you, I would ask him to remove all the wss which are not in accordance with the rules. After that you could start anew perhaps...

BTW, I don �t think that MJ_Misa meant to offend you. She �s a great moderator who is just fed up because of the huge amount of copied wss we have to deal with every day - so it �s definitely nothing personal!

And thanks for your compliment - I really appreciate it!! Big smile

25 Oct 2010     

Nana Lins
Brazil

@Lina Ladybird

If my account is not cancelled and I want to improve the deleted ws, do I just add an exercise and they will accept them?

25 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Yes. Don �t forget to cite the sources of the texts you �re using though, and make sure that all additional tasks are your own creation! ;))

25 Oct 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Nana,
if you read properly you would see my second message wasn �t meant to you but someone totally different.Wink

25 Oct 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Rules and rules. 
Why don �t we read the rules? And , for the Google-th time (this expression is adopted from DTFC �s post Wink) it �s overrated to talk about this topic: My work is the most original one! Your work is stolen and bad people didn �t noticed it yet! i am the best and i am misjudged! 

25 Oct 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

I now you ARE talking about me @MJ_Misa,,,,

you know I don �t care what you said about me I know who I am!!!

you are right I �m young, I �m 22 YEARS OLD,,, probably I have lots of things to learn about English and teaching,,,I �m not as  older and experience teacher (as you said) as you but you can �t say I �m not CLEVER...

stop insulting people !!! I just wrote on the forum about "originality"  because I didn �t like the way to treat Nana there �s other ways to say things!!!

probably I �m young but I can give you some lesson about politeness and manners... the fact is I love teaching I will be glad to TEACH YOU!!!

A BIG Hug FROM A YOUNG TEACHER!!!

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

25 Oct 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4