Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Our students on facebook    

Our students on facebook

JudyHalevi
Israel

I do accept my students on FB.  For me it is highly convenient, because if I have something to say to a specific student, I just message him/her on FB and we usually have long talks.  It also gives them a chance to communicate in English, as I accept only English in my communications. 
I like the idea.
Hugfrom Israel

Judy

7 Nov 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Everything depends on what you publish on your FB page!

If you post private photos or very intimate details about your life (which I think is silly), then your account is no place for your students.
If you use FB to post some appropriate videos, links to useful sites or language items or give a suggestion or opinion about important issues, then it is fine.
That is my viewpoint.

P.S. I use Moodle for communication with my students.

7 Nov 2010     

yulya_esl
Ukraine

I teach adults so I have no problems accepting them as friends. Being in touch is great and i don �t regret )))�

7 Nov 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I do not allow my present students on my  Facebook.

I see them everyday - I don �t need to see and hear from them
in my free time.

I tell them that as soon as they graduate, they can be allowed on my Facebook.

We all need some privacy - we can �t be teachers 24/7!!!

7 Nov 2010     

El-Samreyah
Egypt

why not add them in your limited profile?
I add them but they can �t see the things i post on my wall or certain pictures other people have access to

7 Nov 2010     

ule4ka_84
Ukraine

I also add them as friends and do not really see the problem. I even ask new ones to add me cause it �s very convenient if there are any changes in the schedule. I simply write this in my status and I know �that even if one student reads, he �ll tell the rest. BUT! I teach adults (institute ss) and I limit access to my photos and personal information.

7 Nov 2010     

Redbull
Thailand

OK some of you don �t seem to have FBook for friends and family and another profile for your teaching why?

I have two FBook profiles to make my life easy as one would be for personal life and one for my students  and work life simple.

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOW Wink.

7 Nov 2010     

Chilvis
Argentina

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and points of view. After reading them carefully I can see we all have quite different opinions on this but I �ll try to follow some of your advice. After all I think most things depend on its particular situation, but I wanted to know what the others believe

Thanks Wink
Have a great day!

9 Nov 2010     

Elenie
Greece

I accept them and I �ve also created a group on FB concerning our school where we upload songs, we have contests. The only rule is that they have to write in English! 

14 Oct 2011     

< Previous   1    2