Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Introducing myself    

Introducing myself

Rose_uy
Uruguay

Introducing myself

First of all I�d like to thank all of you who wrote such delightful comments on my worksheets. Thumbs Up
I am very happy to be a member of this community, and currently I�m encouraging all my colleagues to join since this has been a fantastic experience for me.
I am a 36 year-old-teacher, working at public schools for 16 years now. I must say that in my country many times after so many years you get to feel that what you do is no longer valuable. This is due to the fact that the roles have changed, and I believe they have changed not only for us- uruguayan teachers- but for most of us all over the world.
This is the first time I address all of you, and this is because we are about to go on summer break, thus I have more spare time.
The other night I was reading a message left by an Argentinian teacher and she felt really sad because of her class behavior after she had prepared something special for them. This happens a lot at my school. Students have changed, values have changed, people have changed, and sometimes we wonder if what we are doing is making any difference at all. Well, the answer is simple: if you manage to touch one life at least, it does make a difference.
My tutor used to quote someone (I can�t recall who exactly) : "To teach is to touch lives forever", and really, when you see the smile on their faces when you bump into them in the street after years, and they still call you "teacher", though they don�t remember your name, it proves that you touched their lives somehow.
In poor countries like mine, especially in poor schools like the ones I choose to work at, that is what makes being a teacher worth all the effort, tears and exhaustion it may cause throughout the year.
So, there are two things I�d like to say to wrap this up. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of something as great as this community. And dear Spanglish, if you need someone to talk to,who has been in the exact same position as you were the other night, please feel free to contact me.
Once more  thank you all!!!! and special thanks to Victor for making this possible
Greetings from  Rivera, Uruguay!

4 Dec 2008      

Damielle
Argentina

Thanks Rose for your encouraging and warm words!!

5 Dec 2008     

nikita2008
Argentina

I think Rose have just given me the answer to when I ask myself "Why do I keep doing this?" Sometimes I feel very frustrated because of the reasons she has explained. In Argentina, the situation is the same in state schools, teachers are very lonely, things have chaged a lot. But despite everything, I try to give my students the best. and the best reward is that smile they have when they call you "teacher" after a time without seeing you. This means that if they remember us, we must have done something good for them.

Hugs from Buenos Aires!Clap

5 Dec 2008     

andreaewa
Uruguay

Thanks for your nice words. I understand you as I�m uruguayan too. I�ve worked at public schools for 14 years and I like what I do, there�s always someone who shows you that your work and effort is valued. It�s nice to see people from my country here!!
Welcome!

5 Dec 2008