Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What´s its name?    

What´s its name?

ellakass
Israel

We have forgotten about chalk at all-only white boards and markers...

19 Nov 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

what? what is a white board? LOL

in my country we don �t know that word! just the Blackboard or the Greenboard... I will love to write on one of those boards in the public schools I �m working! 

19 Nov 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

See, this is the real value of this site..
After visiting my old school in Holland I was all jealous of the smartboards they use there. Now, reading your post I realize how lucky I am with my (albeit scratched and dirty) whiteboard. Being able to write easily and in many colors with dry earse markers sure beats chalk! (I taught one class with a chalkboard and I sure am happy I don �t anymore)
Everything is relative, just the dedication of the teachers here seems to be an absolute!

19 Nov 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

It �s so true that things are relative. I was all upset and thrown out today as my smartboard was not working...it �s going to be out of action for at least a week. I had to return to the whiteboard!!!!!.
To think when I started back in the 1960 �s we had an old "greenboard" and an old black window blind that I used chalk on.. We had no photocopiers, nor anything to play music with.
How lucky we are now with youtube, ESL Printables, etc.
Cheers Joy

19 Nov 2010     

mish.cz
Czech Republic

There are some boards in some classes of our school which are half whiteboards to use markers on and half greenboards to use the chalk. Don �t know what you would choose but I still prefer using the chalk.�

19 Nov 2010     

< Previous   1    2