Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > reported contribution    

reported contribution

Dorys_a
Argentina

BRUNA, THANKS FOR YOUR WORDS. I WILL DO WHAT YOU SAY.

23 Nov 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

Come on, we can use pictures taken from the net, but we must be sure not to use watermarked clipart or copyright ones. the last one was your case, I think you should change the first picture and re-upload it. 
@MariyaB Don �t make a mountain out of a molehill

23 Nov 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Oh, dear...
Moderating is VERY time-consuming itself. I cannot imagine moderators should send a PM to every single member whose ws has been reported. Come on, guys - there are rules, they are written clearly and if you have a problem and don �t understand anything, ask. There are sometimes up to a hundred wss reported, most of them because they are copied from other ESL resources. Sorry, but if you respected the rules, your wss wouldn �t be reported and you wouldn �t have to feel "disappointed". Don �t expect anyone to lose our precious time by sending PM to those, who break the rules.
And accusing people they enjoy reporting isCensoredwell... not nice. We just want to help Victor to keep the site clean. Is there anything wrong with that?Wink

P.S. There were cases when a moderator send a PM to the person whose ws was against the rules and he/she
       reported the moderator�s wss in revenge. So why to bother?

23 Nov 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

you �re right moderating is VERY time-consuming itself. there about 60 abuse reports by now. can you imagine us sending a PM to those 60 people (by now) who are breaking the rules? it �s impossible and nonsense

23 Nov 2010     

IrenFishka503
Ukraine

Thank you, my dear people for your understanding and advices!!!!!!!!! I will correct my mistake and re-upload the ppt!!!!!
HUGS, YOUR IREN Hug

23 Nov 2010     

yanogator
United States

In addition to all the work the moderators do, there is approximately one post a day to the forum by someone saying that their worksheet was unfairly reported, and many moderators take the time to answer them. If a worksheet is reported, but hasn �t broken any of the rules, it is restored, which is fair. If it has broken a rule, it is removed, which is also fair. So, where is the unfairness that is complained about every day?

Bruce

23 Nov 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

What amazes me - and I �m talking generally now and not just about this thread -  is the amount of whining that goes on with people saying how unfair everything is and how they suffer (~~~range of emotions  ~~~) because their ws was removed and how they spent hours making it - and in the end we find out there are copyrighted pictures in it and/or  the exercises were copied/stolen right, left and centre.
I wonder how so many hours of work can go into something that wasn �t made by the person from scratch.
I also wonder how people can complain so bitterly about lack of fairness without once looking at the rules that try to keep this site a relatively fair place.

Sorry if we sound aggressive, Mariyab, but we �re having at least two of these posts every day. In a vast majority of cases the worksheet turns out to be incompatible with the rules of this site or simple human decency. 

If there wasn�t strict control here people would probably stop contributing because their ws would be copied and re-uploaded by people all the time and Victor would be in dire straits legally because of plagiarism. We all have to trust the system which is the best we can get and gets better all the time.

23 Nov 2010     

zailda
Brazil

People, just take it easy! Take the work you prepare for your students (to practice what you have taught) and insert in one of our free templates. It won �t take hours and will be your original work.

Maybe you won �t get thousands (or even hundreds) of points, but the dozen points you get will be fairly gotten and no one will take them from you.

After some weeks or months contributing (and downloading) you�ll start creating your style and will be recognized for it.

Share what you prepare for your students and learn new tricks on the process of sharing. Don�t try to start �from the top� with someone�s work, because you certainly will be caught, sooner or later.

24 Nov 2010     

< Previous   1    2