Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The W.O.D for Tuesday    

The W.O.D for Tuesday

chud
Israel

The W.O.D for Tuesday

Hi, it �s me again!!!  The WOD game is much fun. It also supplies an excellent opportunity to deal with deeper layers of English.

So, the WOD for today is:

autotonsorialist

What does it mean to be au....st? Is it positive or negative? What do you think???

Pls, without dictionary definitions!

Looking forward to your original and creative ideas.

Sincerely,

Liza.

30 Nov 2010      

yetigumboots
Germany

Oh thats easy.... Smile

auto - car
tons - a very large amount of
orialist - somone who talks alot....

Its a new name for my husband who shouts at every car on the road (sometimes not very nicely) to get out of the way....   ha ha

Yeti x

30 Nov 2010     

miss K.
Ukraine

This word denotes an artist who paints surrealistics paintings of large and heavey cars.

30 Nov 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

someone who can cure their own tonsils...

30 Nov 2010     

Apodo
Australia

autotonsorialist

Carlo Crivelli 052.jpg    It it someone who gives themselves a tonsure.

30 Nov 2010     

magneto
Greece

Oh, darn...Anita said it firstTongue

30 Nov 2010     

douglas
United States

Auto - car
tonso- tonsils
rialist- (as in materialist)

This is a name given to people like Hannibal Lecter �s brother.  He is a tonsorialist--one that holds the theory or attitude that physical well-being and tonsils constitute the greatest good and highest value in life.

He is also a autotonsorialist, because he specializes in collecting his tonsils from victims that constantly exercise their tonsils while driving in cars (that is, they sing in the car).

So be careful that you aren �t caught singing in your car (especially while driving), you may become the victim of an autotonsorialist. 

I must admit I have had a number of occasions where I wanted to rip the tonsils out of people I was driving with because of how "beautifully"(sarcasm) they were singing.

Douglas

30 Nov 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

Thumbs Up After Douglas �s answer I cannot think of anything better...

autotonsorialist

somebody who lacks of self-esteem and collects large and  heavy cars to show "I am the best"

30 Nov 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

autotonsorialist: a person who performs their own tonsilectomy ...while driving in a car (sorry that last part is from Dougla �s great daffynition)

30 Nov 2010     

chud
Israel

I thought that an

autotonsorrialist is a person, who �s got a bad ear for music, therefore he always sings "out of tone", but as soon as he understands from other people �s reactions that his singing is unbearable, he says "I �m sorry". And he �s "autotonsorialist" rather than "outotonsorialist" because that �s the way he pronounces the word. "Bad ear" - remember? Thumbs Down

30 Nov 2010