Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > What DON īT you download here?    

What DON īT you download here?

teresapr
Portugal

I also download everything I find appealing and useful for my students!Fortunately, as Christina said I have no problems related to money. When students enrol, they pay for the photocopies they are estimated to need throughout the school year.

1 Dec 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

I never download grammar or reading wss. My students need more speaking and writing (and listening) practice. More grammar would be overkill.

1 Dec 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

I only get ws if the pictures used are the same style. I do NOT get stuff where pictures are used for no reason, pictures should support the teaching of the topic. Never ever should pictures compete with writing space on the ws. My students want space to write answers ON the ws.

Unless it is a reading or listening exercise, a key is not important for me, I don īt even look if there is one.

Too much info or copied grammar explanations on a ws make me lose interest as well. (I love how Lisa Weix designs her grammar ws.)

I don īt get anything where I have to make adaptations to the design or vocabulary, the author of a ws should be able to keep vocabulary general.

I design my ws according to the above criteria, at least I try to.

Big smile

1 Dec 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

@Libertybelle...Yes lawyers do pay, but they bill their clients. Doctors who have their own private practice  pass on the cost to their patients. Hospitals charge you $5.00 for an aspirin. Politicians...well thats another can of worms. We as taxpayers, pay for their lunches and their offices and supplies. Unfortunately, you are right about budget cuts. The first thing on the chopping block are funds for all aspects of public education.

1 Dec 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

I never download worksheets with backgrounds.

I īm not interested in worksheets with lots of pictures just for fun. My students would find them way too childish, and I simply can īt be bothered with removing a dozen elves or so from a worksheet before saving it on my pc.

I don īt download worksheets with a lot of grammar explanation. Our coursebooks explain grammar very well, often much better.

I don īt download worksheets in which simple grammar (like simple past) is practiced with difficult language  - clash of levels!

I don īt download any of the millions of worksheets in which sentences and little pictures have to be matched - no challenge for my students

1 Dec 2010     

colibrita
United Kingdom

Thanks for your comments, they made interesting reading. Each person (teacher) is really their own world as they say here in Spain. Elderberrywine that īs a particularly valid reason, the one about the vocabulary level not matching the grammar level. I hadn īt thought of that one, but yes, it does happen quite frequently.

Hugs again

2 Dec 2010     

sr-gh
Saudi Arabia

how can i downlowd work sheet?

28 Dec 2010     

< Previous   1    2