Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A trip to the Welfare today!    

A trip to the Welfare today!

Redbull
Thailand

A trip to the Welfare today!

This morning I went to sign my Dogs up for welfare at the local Dole Office.
At first the lady said, �Dogs are not eligible to draw welfare".

So I explained to her that my Dogs are mixed in colour, unemployed, lazy, can �t speak English and have no frigging clue who their daddies are.

They expect me to feed them, provide th...e...m with housing and medical care. Therefore, she looked in her policy book to see what it takes to qualify. My Dogs get their first checks on Friday. Damn, this is a great country to live in!

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOW Wink.

2 Dec 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Careful, hide their papers, mostly all pedigreed Australian Shepherds ;o)

2 Dec 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

The last time I saw this so-called �joke, � it was from a neo-nazi moron on a social network site and, like you, he couldn �t make up his mind whether he was in the UK ( �dole office �) or the US ( �check �).

2 Dec 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Almaz, we have dole offices downunder too.  Direct deposit, however, replaced cheques several decades ago but the dole office does have many checks in place.  

Cheers

Jayho

2 Dec 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

You �re right, Jayho. I was being a bit Brit-centric there. I should have made it clear that the �joke � as it stands originated in the US - where the term Dole Office isn �t used but check is used in preference to cheque. The pinhead I was referring to had obviously cut & pasted from an American site but thought he �d add a little explanatory phrase to gloss the word welfare for his thick, goose-stepping British chums. 

Try googling the first line. You �ll be amazed at the variety of pond life which oozes up.

2 Dec 2010     

Redbull
Thailand

Dear Almaz,

From what you have said on this post makes me think your taking this joke personally!

If you was to know me you would find I have many friends from all over the world Black,Yellow,White,Brown.
So calling me a
neo-Nazi, pinhead, goose stepping chum is , I find more of an insult than the joke itself.
However, want lose any sleep over your comments. I grew up listening to all kinds of jokes. British man, Scotchman, and an Irishman.....Black jokes, White jokes, the lot.

So just take it or leave it is up to you don �t take this personal.

By the way the joke I got was from  

ONE OF MY BLACK SOUTH AFRICAN FRIENDS!

2 Dec 2010