Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WORD OF THE DAY FOR 4/12/2010    

WORD OF THE DAY FOR 4/12/2010

Eibe
Portugal

WORD OF THE DAY FOR 4/12/2010

Magneto has passed the torch on to me... Thank you, Magneto!!!

Let �s play :)

All you have to do is give the craziest and funniest meaning, so it doesn �t matter whether you know what the word means, ok?

The WOD for Friday 4/12/2010 is PERHENDINANCER.
Join in, send your weirdest definition!

Please note that the winner will only be declared on Sunday morning (I will be away from home on Saturday). 

4 Dec 2010      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Nobody posted yet...I find that all my creativity somehow evaporates at weekends...
So here �s my "decoding" of this to my mind acronym:
PER HEN DINA �N CEReal - a new invention in the world of farming, a hotel for the chicks where they are served dinner and breakfast each and where the farmer can take them if the farmer decides to take his wife to Hawaii or whatever fancy holiday destination you can fathom, and is going to be away from home for a while.
Sophia

4 Dec 2010     

cauffeepot
Benin

perhendinancer is what the reindeers sing when they �ve had too much eggnog. "Do you know perdasher hen dinancer and donnder and blitz and..."

4 Dec 2010     

Eibe
Portugal

Hi! Couldn �t help taking a look :P
Really creative the two of you hehehehe
(I �m using my sister �s computer, I �ll be back tomorrow morning)

4 Dec 2010