Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > word of the Day for monday 13th December    

word of the Day for monday 13th December

Mariethe House
France

word of the Day for monday 13th December

Sorry for being so late for WOD but I am very busy looking after a little Princess, so please forgive me!Embarrassed

So you all know the Rules of the game. I am sure you will come out with brilliant definitions for the word below:

BOBBISH

I will choose ( most difficult job) the wittiest, funniest, most original,most etc.... tonight sometime.

Have a good time playing  and a good day!!Big smile
Cheers

marieth�

13 Dec 2010      

Greek Professor
Greece

BOBBISH.....

Sponge BOB and the BISHop...going out together...

they are BOBBISHING the town.......Big smile

Have a nice day...

13 Dec 2010     

magneto
Greece

Good one, EffieThumbs Up

Here �s what I think:

B: bargaining
O: on
ruBBISh

It �s what we do when we �re recycling (and, yet, doing nothing else to protect the environment): BOBBISHING, i.e. expecting that the climate will change just because we �re recycling rubbish...

It �s part of the solution, but it �s not all there is...

13 Dec 2010     

Zora
Canada

Bobbish� Means someone who looks like a "Bob" even though he was born with another name.

example:

A: Hey, who �s that man over there?
B: oh, that �s Phil, my neighbor.
A: really? He doesn �t look like a Philip, he looks sort of bobbish to me. Are you sure his name isn �t Bob? or maybe his middle name is Bob?
B: Positive. I �ve already asked him� Although Philip did say he gets that a lot!
A: Imagine that, maybe in another life he was a Bob...
B: Maybe�

13 Dec 2010     

missveronica
Argentina

In Spanish BOBO means dumb, hence BOBISH would be something like Dumbish
Another option:
Bobish= a person from bobland (such as danish, or polish)

13 Dec 2010     

colibrita
United Kingdom

To bobbish is to slide along the floor in one �s socks. It �s origin is much disputed but I like to believe it comes from bobby socks with the  "sh" denoting the noiselessness of this much-loved pastime.

13 Dec 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Very funny so far! Keep it up!
Magneto! Good advertizing for  our planet!
Linda : I will never look at my neighbour  whose name is Bob , the same way!!LOL
Veronica: Thank you for suggesting my next destination for a holiday!!
Colibrita!I see we have the same pastime!LOL 

Come on everyone! Trim up your imagination! The game is not finished!!

13 Dec 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

to bobbish means to sledge down the hill in a sillish way (bobsleds are called boby in Czech)
Once I saw my father �s friend bobbishing.
Because he was drunk, he was sort of dancing on the bobsledge and singing out of tune... Oh, my poor ears...
 He was bobbishing...

13 Dec 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Bobbish comes for the 60 �s generation.  It meant several things, one of them being a bobbish haircut, such as in the � �bob � �.  It also comes from the word bobbypin because you need lots of bobbypins to have a bob.  The Beach Boys later decided to sing a song with bob in it, but decided to change it to ba,ba,ba, Barbara Anne.  Another famous Bob was none  other than Bobby Vinton.  Who can forget Bobby Vinton with his bobbish hair do.

13 Dec 2010     

MoodyMoody
United States

It actually comes from John Bobbitt, whose wife Lorena took a knife to a certain masculine part of his anatomy back in 1993. The part was reattached, but now Mr. Bobbitt is bobbish...

13 Dec 2010     

imanito
Morocco

Bob �s mother was really furious and yelled at him:" stop being bobbish and take the rubbish out."
bobbish = Bob is acting like rubbish

13 Dec 2010     

1    2    Next >