Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The W.O.D. for Wednesday (15.12.10)    

The W.O.D. for Wednesday (15.12.10)

chud
Israel

The W.O.D. for Wednesday (15.12.10)

I don �t believe! I did it again! Thank you a lot! I feel really honored.

Well, let me suggest the word colposinquanonia. What might it mean to you?

All of you already know the rules, no dictionary definitions. Come up with as crazy and weird daffy-nitions as you �re capable of!!! Looking forward to your creative contributions.

(By the way: A couple of hours ago I tried to connect to the site, but I �ve got "Service not available" or smth. time after time. Oh my, that was a shock!!! What was it? Smb. experienced it too? Did it happen before?)

15 Dec 2010      

Greek Professor
Greece

Mmmmm.Ermm....

colposinquanonia

The way I read is....colposin= tribe/people
                                quanonia= sounds like the greek word:(koinonia=community)

therefore...the quanonia of the colposin people...Big smile
.....the colposin community

OR....

The Colposin Canyon.....
Don�t ask where it is.....Confused....

Have a Nice Day

15 Dec 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

This one �s easy...colposinquanonia.. colpo=culpa=quilt or guilty, sin=a moral evil, quononia=kononia= communion. The fear of feeling quilty of committing the sin of not participating in the holy communion. It �s a Catholic thing.

15 Dec 2010     

Mallerenga
Spain

Wow! I think this can be the name given to a plant (col = cabbage) cooked when you might get a girl (posi = por si = just in case) (quanonia = quasi hi ha noia= there is nearly a girl). So, men can boil this plant and make a tea to gather strength. Or is it just in case it is col(d)?

15 Dec 2010     

MoodyMoody
United States

col - sounds the same as call

Po - the red Teletubby

sin(a) qua non - essential condition

ia - suffix indicating a disease or pathological condition

So colposinquanonia is obviously a compulsion to call Po on the telephone. This condition is most problematic in toddlers.

15 Dec 2010