Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Pencilpals from Antartica wanted    

Pencilpals from Antartica wanted

edrodmedina
United States

Pencilpals from Antartica wanted

I am looking for students from Antartica to be pencilpals with my students.I say Pencilpals because my students are elementary school students and don �t use pens yet. The pencilpals have to be from Antartica. Although a tad cold, students from Antartica have been known to have very good penmanship, far superior to students in the other continents.  This is probably due to the fact that they have a lot of time on their hands and employ this time to perfect their handwriting skills. Non Antarticans need not apply!!!!!!!! You know nothing about penguins and your handwriting is atrocious. I �m waiting...

16 Dec 2010      

magneto
Greece

...Hey! Pick me! Don �t let the flag or the avatar fool you...LOL

P.S.: Mr Sneeze, take a look at this...It�ll make Ed�s message clearer for youWink

16 Dec 2010     

ellakass
Israel

We are exactly as in Antarctica but hot.Is it OK Ed?

16 Dec 2010     

gloriawpai
Brazil

ED: I looooove your jokes!!! :-))

16 Dec 2010     

roneydirt
United States

I see a penguin in New York.... nah it �s just a doorman...

16 Dec 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Clap   LOL

16 Dec 2010     

Tatyana83
Armenia

Ying Yang-this might be a sick penguin or whatever..Clown

16 Dec 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I know people think that there are lots of indians on the street in Brazil (have never seen a single one) and women are naked on the streets (due to Carnival tapes, I guess) and that we live in the jungle with monkeys or gorillas (Africa??) as pets.

In fact my students and I belong to a group of revoluctionary Brazilians living in igloos, wearing seal skin clothes and with penguins as pets, so I would like to apply for your pencilship, although we have no idea what a pencil is. We only have used a keyboard (for many years) to type and lost our ablity to write.

Will you consider our offer?

We �re desperately waiting for your answer...

16 Dec 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Zailda, your new seal skin outfit looks gorgeous, or rather you look gorgeous in it, hadn �t seen this avatar before.

Ed, a word of advice or caution, when entering a pencilpal project...Be careful your students don �t end up hurt...
I -as some of you may recall-  did a postcard project in my fifth grade last year.
My students worked really hard on their postcards for a Turkish class, making sure all the names were spelled correctly and there would be a card for each of the turkish students since our class was a lot smaller. Full excitement we sent them, together with an enlarged photo of all the kids (they were worried it wouldn �t be clear who is a boy and who a girl... ;) We waited and waited, and waited some more, nothing. Even today one of the students -now a 6th grader- asked me if I ever heard anything from them....they still haven �t forgotten.
I sent millions of emails but was never answered....
i am very reluctant to get involved in something like this again, but hey, maybe Alaskans are indeed a different breed, let me know how it works out, OK?

16 Dec 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Antarticans Marion...No peguins north of the equator...and yes they are very reliable..The most reliable as a matter of fact. More reliable than non Antarticans I �m afraid to say. With all these offers I might have to rerconsider.

16 Dec 2010     

douglas
United States

Thumbs Up

16 Dec 2010     

1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    Next >