Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > TO SUM IT ALL UP...    

TO SUM IT ALL UP...

anitarobi
Croatia

TO SUM IT ALL UP...

Hi, dear colleagues!
With the year 2010 closing, we always somehow draw the lines, sum things up, think about what went on, etc.

How about sharing your fondest memory from last year (2010) here with us? Only the good ones, pls, pls, pls, let bygones be bygones and let �s just count the not-so-good ones as experience! So how about saying one or two things that you cherish from 2010, privately or professionally?

Perhaps you inspire someone, lift somebody �s spirits, make someone smile! (that �s quite enough for meWink)

Oh, and have a wonderfully motivational and challenging 2011, and let �s all have appreciated and well-paid jobs!

Anita

29 Dec 2010      

Greek Professor
Greece

Good Evening to all...and Wishing you all a great 2011...

mmm!...Well for me there are many fond memories...
One: is meeting (virtually) such great people on this site...

Anita: I would like to thank you for allowing me to take part in different things.
Frank: I would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to take part in the book.

And of course I would like to thank many that have helped me through time with different questions I had, problems with making powerpoints, sending videos on to the site, making my worksheets better and generally giving me ideas on teaching methods...and making me a better teacher. I enjoyed sharing personal moments and reading about good times, bad times; it showed that we have become one big family....and especially on sunday nights...Thanks very much for being there

Please forgive me if I haven �t mentioned more names...I�m sure those who helped will know....

Also a great memory was when my good friend asked me to become the godmother of her child...

And the best of all knowing that my family is well.

Greek Professor

29 Dec 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

My fondest memory started this year but will continue next year. One of my best friends is turning 50 this January and her daughters secretely planned a trip to Las Vegas for her and they �ve asked me to accompany her on that short and crazy trip. Since it will be during the schoolyear, we can �t miss more than 3 days of work in a row unless we are really sick and have a doctor �s note.
We told her the news right before Christmas! I thought this would be the trip of a lifetime but something else is coming up that will be bigger!!!! You �ll find out in a couple of days!

I am thankful that my mom who is a twice cancer survivor is still getting a clean bill of health. I am thankful for my family who is doing well and I �m thankful that I get to do a job that puts a smile on my face every day. (well, almost everyday)
I am thankful for the friendship I �ve made on this site. And I raise my glass really high to wish you all a great year in 2011!

Hugs from Canada

Manon xx

29 Dec 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

Good evenig to all,
Greek Professor, your post says it all...Clap  Hug
HugOne of my fondest memories is my meeting with Mariethe and Gerard, an important moment in history:http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=22460
Thanks to all of you!!!!

Ana Isabel

29 Dec 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Ana Isabel said it all!! The greatest moment I had this year was meeting this wonderful person! She amazed me by her great heart and generosity and since then, she has never ceased to amaze us (me+companion)
I have enjoyed every moment spent at the caf� sharing exceptional moments  and especially the sunday nights with another great ESL member: Frank on his radio show!
And this is also the year of a great moment in my life: retirement which I thought would be very difficult to accept for the passionate teacher I was but no sweat!! I love being retired and having time for myself soooooo much!!
Thank  you all for being here and thank you Victor of course for this wonderful site!

Happy New Year!

29 Dec 2010     

Mar0919
Mexico

Hello everybody! I also raise my glass very very high, first to thank you ALL for your generosity, your help, and the wonderful people I �ve met here, AB, thanks for your friendship!!!

2010 brought cheers & tears! In January, I reconnected with old high school buddies, after more than 30 years of not crossing a word, after I left the US to come back to Mexico. I completely lost touch. It was awesome to find them again! To this day, I keep in touch with them, mostly with one of them, who has shown me he is still my FRIEND... lending me all the support in tough times, that I haven �t received even from family.

It �s also brought tears, because due to economic troubles, my daughter had to go work to the US,(she is currently living with this friend!) and those who are moms will know how much it hurts to separate from our children. But I know it �s all worth it, as come rain or shine, my sons and I plan to reunite with her, and we �ll be together again.

Additional joys have been in the satisfaction that my job gives me... I so love being a teacher. Some people think I �m crazy because I left a high paying job a few years ago, to come back to teaching, where I earn maybe 10% of what I earned there. But... teaching is so much more satisfying! even though I have to pay for my photocopies... LOL!!!

I dread the day I �m not able to do my job right. I love the opportunity God has given us teachers to make a eeny weeny difference in the lives of our students, and the great responsibility we have, as we can either help them grow, or also destroy them, just with a word not said OR said... depending on the situation.

Well, dear friends!!! Cheers to ALL... and I hope all your dreams come true in this coming 2011... May God bless you!!!

Hugs,

Mar

30 Dec 2010     

Errie
Japan

The best moment of 2010 was when my son (3 years old) smiled at me and said � �Daddy I love you � �

30 Dec 2010     

Mar0919
Mexico

Errie, how sweet!!!!!! I understand how you feel... our kids are special treasures from God! Congrats on your beautiful son!!!

30 Dec 2010     

juliag
Japan

Wonderful thread, Anita, thank you for starting it. I �d love to hear your good memories, too, when you have a chance to come back to the forum.

Greek Professor, I agree with you, it has been great to be part of the book porject thanks to Frank and the other dear folk at the cafe.

Manon, that sounds like a wonderful treat! I hope you and your friend have the most wonderful time and can celebrate in style.

Ana Isabel and Mariethe, you are two people who have constantly showed me your love and support here this year (also many others who I omit to mention simply because they have not joined this thread yet) and I am thankful for the chance of meeting you in this virtual space and delighted that you have had the chance to meet each other for real, too.

Mar, you story moved me very much. Your students are so lucky to have such a dedicated teacher and I am so happy you have found and can work in your true vocation.

Errie, well I always thought you were a lass as in the "Errie my love, so sweet" song, but now I find you are a man! What joy your son must bring you, I wish you many more happy times together in the past.

For me, the many dear friendships with teachers around the world I have formed thanks to eslp have been a true joy and blessing this year.

And old romantic as I am, the thing that has brought me the most joy and enabled me to feel joy in all the other areas of my life too, both this year and in all the years (6 and a half) since I met him, is the presence of my dear partner, whose kindness, patience, compassion, gentle humor, wisdom, understanding, ability to put up with me when I get irritated because I �m nervous or in too much of a rush, culinary skills, understanding of my need for the freedom to be able to do the things I want to do and general all-round loveliness have been the rock beneath my feet.

Sorry if I �ve made you all feel like puking, people tend to tell me I go on about him too much! But I felt this post could only be answered honestly or not at all, and I did so much want to comment on what other people had written but didn �t feel able to do so without adding my own feelings.

Happy New Year to all my wonderful friends and colleagues around the world.
Hugs
Julia

30 Dec 2010     

Mar0919
Mexico

Thank you Julia, for your sweet comments, and no, never apologize for expressing what you feel for your partner. Love should always be expressed, IN LIFE... not when someone is gone, but here, where he/she will be able to FEEL how much you love him!

Happy New Year!!!

30 Dec 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

There are so many...
But the top one has got to be: Holding a copy of my very own book in my very own hand for the very first time, still get the shivers remembering the feeling.

30 Dec 2010