Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New year ´s suggestions    

New year ´s suggestions

roneydirt
United States

New year ´s suggestions

Just a couple quick suggestions and ask for others as well:

Besides the Youtube link if there are other sites with it add it since some countries have ban Youtube and the proxy life is very short lived in them as well.

Make a worksheet add an answer key.  Some do and it is very helpful especially since a nice portion are students or new teachers to the profession.  It will be very helpful for both.

This one is more for the boss: Save a special post at the top so people can post their holiday wishes instead of adding a new post.  There was 2 days where some students asked for help and no one saw because of so many holiday wishes.  For those posting it doesn ´t hurt you to post your wishes on other people ´s posts.

Try your hardest to have all sheets for one assignment on one post.  There are indivduals who have shown it can be done.    If you really need the points make more ws and powerpoints.

Better proofreading, too many misspellings.

Civil tongues when speaking to one another, a harsh word only creates more hatred and a civil tongue creates understanding of difference of opinions.  Also read the ethics of online conversation.  Also remember what we may think it might be civil to us may be argumentative to another since we are a society of not one but a world of different cultures.

Political talk should be greatly limited.  Remember we only see a portion of the truth, it is a media trick to lead it ´s viewers to the point of who is paying the paychecks.  As example read "Korea Witness" and some of the books that are quoted in it, it was written by news reporters about news reporters warping the news between the late 19th Century till print in 2005.   Well they talk about it through out the book but mostly it is about Korea ´s growth through the eyes of the news reporters, but there are some very prominient reporters that talk bluntly in it and in their own biographies how they were encourage to "tweak the news" from a Walter Cronkite quote.

MOST IMPORTANT...  never fear learning something new everyday.

2 Jan 2011      

libertybelle
United States

Hear! Hear!  Well said.

2 Jan 2011     

S.Reisner
Brazil

You ´re absolutely right, my friend.

2 Jan 2011     

miesies muis
Namibia

Great points, there are certainly points that I will take into consideration!

2 Jan 2011     

suhakhader
Jordan

Thank you Roney for the realistic and practical suggestions.  I am some how new to the website finding some difficulties to deal with the contents and sometimes lost.  I think that we need a special room or part to ask for help in any area of English. Language interference does make some linguistic problems, we need the help of English native speakers and who are fluent at English.

2 Jan 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

Well said! About the political posts I would like to remind everyone that the fact that there is a national flag under someone ´s name doesn ´t mean that person is a spokesperson for that country ´s policy. It doesn ´t even mean that is the person ´s nationality and if most definitely doesn ´t mean that person always agrees with the country ´s official line. I like the flags since they show the diversity and scope of the site but I try not to identify a person with what his flag stands for in international media. There is no way of knowing wether a person is a radical supporter or a radical opponent of ´his � government and that is a good thing. We are all teachers here, not politicians or national representatives....

2 Jan 2011     

magneto
Greece

Clap Roney and Marion!

2 Jan 2011     

suhakhader
Jordan

I see what you mean Marion. It ´s ok! We are here to exchange experiences not blame or attck each other.  I am sure when thatmisunderstanding happened about Chud ´s topic, Chud wasn ´t the person to be attacked.

2 Jan 2011