Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > JUST A THOUGHT!    

JUST A THOUGHT!

blizzard1
Denmark

JUST A THOUGHT!

I�m sorry to see so many coloring pages, traceable sheets and clip art just pasted on word and trying to be past as ESL resources.
I do report them but it is a pity that Victor has to waste his time on this things. I�m sure he has better things to do.

9 Dec 2008      

Pietro
United States

Well, some people enjoy downloading them, I think, judging from the number of downloads =)

9 Dec 2008     

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi Tisha
Some teachers here teach really young ones and the coloring sheets might be helpful. Maybe they don�t suit your needs but once in a while I do download such activities for my little ones.

9 Dec 2008     

Im Lety
Mexico

Flashcards or visuals are good in color because you will uset forever...I preffer worksheets with no color because at the moment you print it...The images are dark...On my own experience I do  not work worksheets with lots of color...My Ss dont like them...

9 Dec 2008     

blizzard1
Denmark

You�re right. Some people download them. But as it was discussed today at length, those are not ESL resources.
If people want coloring pages or frames they should just google for it. The non-esl resources take a lot of our valuable place from the site.

You may read part of the discussion here: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=2526

9 Dec 2008     

blizzard1
Denmark

Hi manonski
I have students of all ages and very young ones as well. My ss get bored if they often have to color. But that�s not the point. The point is that we can not call a copied and pasted clip art or drawing an esl resource. There are many other sites where people can download them for free.

Would you guys call this an esl worksheet?  http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=144669&random=true#thetop

What about all the contributors who use lots of time creating meaningful and colorful ws?

9 Dec 2008     

Pietro
United States

Yep, I read it. I agree with you, Tisha, I�ve seen loads of frames and colouring books etc. on the Internet. And some people think that adding �Name:_____ Year:_____� will turn it into an ESL resource. (it�s a different thing than adding arrows, boxes etc. - it makes smth a real resource).

And some people spend their points on such things.

But still, it�s all up to them and to the administration. If they allow such materials, I�ve nothing agains them.

Another thing that bothers me is that when I have a full overview of new resources and then press �refresh�, they are orginized in a different way. And only then all these pseudo-resources become a real eyesore to me.

9 Dec 2008     

blizzard1
Denmark

Well, Victor wrote about it. I just can�t find his message.
Anyway, as far as I remember, he does agree with frenchfrog and many others in that copying and pasting a clip art or frame does not make it an ESL worksheet.
Victor advised us to report it.
I guess it�s about time I go to bed now. It�s 2 am in DK. Good night to you all!

9 Dec 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Can�t agree more Tisha.
A blank sheet how colorful its frame could be cannot be passed as an Esl WS.

9 Dec 2008     

manonski (f)
Canada

Tisha
I�m talking about a sheet where students have to follow instructions to colour.. I�m not on this site to only get those types of activities but I do use them once in a while and my students are not bored by them at all because they don�t do them everyday.

9 Dec 2008