Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Help needed!    

Help needed!

aura+
Portugal

Help needed!

Hello everyone!

I �m attending a training session for teachers of English and I need to prepare creative materials (not worksheets) to use in the classroom. The idea is to prepare unusual materials made of recycled things, for example, and actually use them in the classroom. I �ve been browsing this site, but I can �t really find anything of the kind. Can someone, please, help me? 

thanks

Aura

18 Jan 2011      

anitarobi
Croatia

Googled sth for you:
etc.

18 Jan 2011     

aura+
Portugal

thanks anita!

the point, though, is to use these materials to introduce new vocabulary, for grammar games etc. I also forgot to say that I teach intermediate students.

thanks for your contribution!

18 Jan 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Aura
Not sure about what you really need, but, just my 5 cents.
What about taking to class empty cans, empty containers ( drinks, cereals, flour,rice, oil, vinegar, pepper, sugar, jam, cheese,soap, toothpaste, .... ) and have a lesson about shopping in a traditional grocery?
You can use food and containers related vocabulary, talk about quantities, pricing.
You can do the same sort of lesson with clothes, if you get someone with a good collection of Barbie �s fashion clothes, it woiuld be a success.
You can have some Carnival clothes and put the students wearing the fancy clothes; then, pretende it is a fashion show and describe clothes, colours, materials, patterns............

well, I do hope you manage. Let me know what you got in the end. I �m always curious about these situations.

18 Jan 2011