Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > WORKSHOP OR LECTURE    

WORKSHOP OR LECTURE

[email protected]
Brazil

WORKSHOP OR LECTURE

hi everyone!
I decide to ask your help, since my creativity is not working as well as I need!
In my job, they asked me to create an one hou lecture/ workshop to my esl students. The problem is that they want something new, they don �t want topics like difference between American and British English, not  even grammar topics resolution.
do you have any suggestion?
Thanks a lot
Stella :) 

19 Jan 2011      

starrr
Brazil

I will work this year with 7 mini wokshops with my students since the first day in the classrooms this new year. See if u can do the same with your students.

1. PRONUNCIATION - IPA table (I did a big banner with all sounds) and I will train my students about all sounds on it. I will present a song "NOTHING COMPARES TO YOU" sinnead o�connor just for them see the TH pronunciation while he sings that song. U find the video on youtube and I will work with lots of other exercises of pronunciation

2. VALENTINE�S DAY - FEBRUARY - THE BEST KISSES OF THE CINEMA - THE FIRST KISS IN MOVIES. You can find the videos on youtube. write - KISSES IN THE CINEMA , OR KISSES IN THE MOVIES. THE BEST KISSES IN THE CINEMA.

3. FASHION WORLD - Anorexia - Drugs Plastic surgery and Appearance.All related to the fashion world and the models. I will work with the song of SEAL - "AMAZING" and I will present a short video OF THis SONG performed IN A VICTORIA�S SECRET FASHION SHOW.

4. PROFESSIONS around the world - DIRTY PROFESSIONS AROULD THE WORLD - U can find lots of materials and videos of discovery channel - 100 DIRTY JOBS SONG. U can work with ACHMED THE DEAD TERRORIST Video - VENTRILOQUIST as a warm up too.

5. PHRASAL VERBS - The most communs phrasal verbs, sentences, music

6. SLANG Around the world - NEW YORK, LONDON, IRLANDA, CANADA e AUSTRALIA.

7. ACCENTS AROUND THE WORLD - 21 Accents that u can find on youtube.

I Will work with some worksheets I have found in this website.  You can have a look here.

So I hope it helps you to find the best subject for your workshop.

if u need more help just PM me..;-0)

19 Jan 2011     

[email protected]
Brazil

Thank You!

I �ve decided to do one Related to the American Way of life and the other one based on Brazilian accent reduction.

When I finish them I �ll post hereThumbs Up

19 Jan 2011