Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Learning a new language    

Learning a new language

jamiejules
France

I �d say indonesian or malay! the grammar is extremely easy, the language is fantastic and the alphabet is the same as ours. It sounds completely different to European Languages and still it is not difficult to grasp the phonetics.
I taught myself for a few years then went onto using indonesian at school (language club).
whichever language you decide to take on, good luck and enjoy!!
keep us posted!
have a good evening

20 Jan 2011     

toandfro_
Poland

Aww.. That �s a pretty good way to remembered how it was to be a beginner! You may achieve totally different point of view :) I would advise Russian: hard but I do enjoy it!  

20 Jan 2011     

colibrita
United Kingdom

Thanks everyone, you �ve given me food for thought..  I �ll let you know what I decide. I �m thinking possibly Russian or Arabic at the moment... or perhaps I �ll start Japanese, again! I did a year at uni and loved it.

Hugs

Colibrita

21 Jan 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

I have never seen anybody as appreciative as Russians ;o)) They realize that you are trying to make an effort to learn their language and it is as if the sun is going up right in their faces. 

21 Jan 2011     

< Previous   1    2