Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > The Word of the Day    

The Word of the Day

alexcure
Poland

The Word of the Day

All right then ..... the world of today is UNDERTOW. The choice wasn �t easy so my students decided to follow a blog I had suggested to them some time ago (I will give you its link later on).

Have a nice day ;-)))

Alex

26 Jan 2011      

douglas
United States

When your car breaks down, you call a tow truck and it takes you to just short of your destination.

26 Jan 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

As we all know Holland is known not only for its tulips but also for it �s cheese (Isn �t that right Marion?). What most people are unaware of though, is the process by which these cheeses are made. A long kept secret which until recently was unknown to the rest of the world is that the Dutch take scrapings from under peoples feet particularly their toes. This undertow is what is used to start the fermenting process needed to make cheese. That is why the Dutch cheese has that strangely familiar yet pungent smell which make people say� eh, damn�!, which gave rise to the name of one their most popular cheeses Edam.

26 Jan 2011     

gloriawpai
Brazil

when the charge of production says "I �ll undertow you" can you imagine? Undertow is the action of being caught snoozing while working. Specially when it �s in a factory and the worker can �t stop working. 

26 Jan 2011     

imanito
Morocco

the area has been under TOW ( Tube-launched Optically-tracked Wire-guided missile) since this morning.......many casualties have been reported.

26 Jan 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

Nice one, ED!!

26 Jan 2011     

eng789
Israel

Undertow = when the bathroom door in the gas station is stuck and you have to crawl under to W(IZ)  or under to (use the) Washroom / WC

26 Jan 2011