Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Caption 11 of February 2nd    

Caption 11 of February 2nd

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Sorry to disturb your laugh, but how can you joke with this kind of photos?
people have feelings, if this person really exists, or if it has been photoshoped, doesn �t matter to me - it �s something that can be real - anyone of us can turn into such a photo; anyone of us can have a child with problems.

How can you make jokes about this?

How can this kind of post use space in the forum?
How are some of you always so worried about what is right in the forum and then go on with this disgusting joke ?

Am I mad? Am I being too serious?
I don �t like to laugh about others � misfortunes.

You all have students - are they always like Barbie and her boyfriend ? I have had quite a few very, very ugly kids, the kind that make us turn over , pretend we haven �t noticed. But they have feelings, everyone has.

Sorry, my opinion, a very bad choice.

Have a nice night, sleep well.
Linda

3 Feb 2011     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Dear Linda... I don �t know if this changes your feelings about the choice of the picture, but I guarantee you that this is meant as a joke in the first place. This is a photo of one of Sep,11th terrorrists photoshoped with a woman �s face (Rosie O �donnell if you ask me).

I know we mustn �t joke about other people �s misfortunes, as you put it, but this is a misfortune to no one, as such person doesn �t exist.

I hope I �ve helped to put your heart at ease.

Sleep tight!

Bruna

3 Feb 2011     

mrlypy
Brazil

NO,NO,NO! THAT�S SIMPLY DISGUSTING! THAT�S MY OPINION OF COURSE. HOW CAN WE TEACHERS, MEANT TO BE EDUCATORS, HAVE THE GUTS TO USE SUCH PEOPLE�S PICTURES ON THIS FORUM! I GUESS THOSE ONES WHO ARE PARENTS UNDERSTAND VERY WELL WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!! SORRY!!

3 Feb 2011     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

I am a mother and I simply don �t understand what all the fuss is about.
It �s a standard internet photoshop joke, it �s not like Imanito photoshoped the face of one of her students to a cow �s body!!

Maybe some of us need to learn how to choose appropriate words for a teachers � forum before they can judge other people �s choice on pictures.

BTW... CAPS LOCK means SHOUTING on the internet... and that�s... well, disgusting.

3 Feb 2011     

Errie
Japan

I �m a parent and I have no clue what you are talking about mrlypy. The picture is not even real so what �s the problem? It �s just a joke.

About the caption:
I �ll need some extra shampoo here!

3 Feb 2011     

Marywell
Poland

But honey, please don �t run away! Every one can have a bad hair day. I promise I �ll look my best tomorrow:)

3 Feb 2011     

abdel
Morocco

that �s no joke! that �s just stupid and disgusting!

3 Feb 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Guys, I think you did a lot of credit to her LOL. You made her more popular! Even bad publicity is better than no publicity. This picture made her noticeable. The more people see her picture, talk about her, discuss her apperance even in such a way, the better it is for her rating; the more popular her tv-show will be. That �s fun! If someone did that photoshop job for Princes Dianna who died tragically, that would be disgusting, but for a public comedian showwoman that �s fun. 

My caption:

Nice ad for a hair growing shampoo.

3 Feb 2011     

reeta1
Canada

This picture reminds me of that movie, Ugly Gorillas in the Mist. They used a shirtless Robin Williams for the body double of Sigourney Weaver-and the gorillas.

3 Feb 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Yeah, and that picture brought me back to our Russian movie. Look at them aren �t they alike. But I won �t tell what image it was originally taken. Wink

3 Feb 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >