Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > 2 Simultaneous caption games?!?!?    

2 Simultaneous caption games?!?!?

Mar0919
Mexico

2 Simultaneous caption games?!?!?

Are there 2 caption games going on simultaneously?!?! Even though one is for the best "proverb" it �s just the same as the caption game, isn �t it? Shouldn �t we wait til one is done, then start another? Just MHO...

7 Feb 2011      

almaz
United Kingdom

You �re perfectly right, Mar, but, personally speaking, I couldn �t think of a decent one for the �legitimate � first, so I plumped for the �dubious � second. Variety is the spice etc....

7 Feb 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

LOL  Yes, Almaz, I know what you mean... but I think out of respect for the person who is posting the caption image, posting another, will soon cause someone else to post another, and another, and another, til we have a dozen captions going on at the same time. Please don �t get me wrong, I think the second caption images are very interesting, but it �s just that it will maybe inadvertantly cause others to ignore the first and just go on with the second. I don �t know, just expressing my thoughts! But I guess each person can decide which post to answer.

8 Feb 2011     

yetigumboots
Germany

hi Mar, Yes I was thinking the same thing. To be honest I am not sure what to make of all the games going on. Its a bit confusing and I prefer to read comments about English teaching, which are qucikly pushed out of the way by pictures.... I thought these sort of thing were for the cafe... but that is just my humble opinion.... Yeti x

8 Feb 2011     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Hello Mar,
as fun as the games are, (and I was guilty of initiating the whole thing with word of the day), I do believe that too much forum space is now being turned over for them and not for the forum �s intended purpose. Time to reconsider maybe?

8 Feb 2011     

lamyaa
Egypt

Maybe we can ask victor to make a link for games away from the forum.
Frank: waiting for  your show!

8 Feb 2011