Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Caption No. 16 continued    

Caption No. 16 continued

edrodmedina
United States

Caption No. 16 continued

Caption no. 16 Continued

Ladies and gentlepeoples, I have been chosen to post the next picture for the caption game. Use your imagnation and get those creative juices flowing. Try these pictures out on you students and see what they can come up with.

9 Feb 2011      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I don �t want to sound like a moron with no sense of humour, but...the are 5 threads on the forum where people are asking for help with no answer, one member have already repeated the thread and most of the forum is overloaded by "competitions. Cry Come on, guys, this is getting ridiculous. The forum should be for help in the first place, shouldn �t it?

9 Feb 2011     

Marywell
Poland

Unbelievable! she �s been taken in for the fifth time this week. Some people will never learn. :)

9 Feb 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Dear MJ Misa, this is just my humble opinion. I don �t think the forum is "overloaded" with competitions. For some time we have been playing TWO games: WOD and Caption. If you think about it objectively, both are very ESL oriented, as they engage people to come up with words, phrases, stories for each situation, where we all practice our target language: ENGLISH.
I got the idea from this forum to use the Caption game, obviously having rules, for example my ss had to use the present perfect tense, etc, while creating a caption for a set of wacky pictures I brought to the classroom, and the activity worked wonders. They had fun, and at the same time, they practiced and learned. WOD is the same, many of us work with cognates in our classroom, so I had my ss think of a cognate, be it a true or false cognate with unknown words I wrote on the board, and they also enjoyed the activity.
So, I don �t think these 2 games are just "taking up" space in the forum. They are very creative.
On the other hand, and I already mentioned it a few days ago, I personally am against just throwing in another game that is exactly the same as the caption game. Why? because this DOES call for just anyone who wishes posting images and starting new games on their own will. For these common games we are now playing, I do remember it was posted here in the forum to see if members agreed. I think 2 are more than enough.
Lastly, I understand about the posts that go unanswered. Some of mine have gone unanswered also in the past, but that is not something we can control, be there games on the forum or not. It �s just every member �s decision, yours, mine, and anyone else out there, to post an answer or not. Even if there were no games, some posts will still go unanswered.
As I said, this is only my own personal opinion.

Greetings to all!!!

Mar 

10 Feb 2011     

Marywell
Poland

I agree with Mar. actually, this is exactly what I think and was going to write. Both, wOD and Caption game do no harm, at the same time we need no more such or similar games at the moment.

10 Feb 2011