Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Winner of caption No. 16    

Winner of caption No. 16

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Ed,
yesterday there were 5 threads asking for help with no answer, some members had to repeat the threads. And there also was that huge picture of your game and 2 threads concerning WOD.
I have nothing against games as you tried to convinced me in your (not very polite) PM, but why don �t you ask Victor to create a special section for these games? They are fun but sometimes there are desperate people and only what they can see is a forum full of games. Sorry, but I thought that main aim of this site was to help its members, but lately it doesn �t look like it. Cry

10 Feb 2011     

lamyaa
Egypt

i am in for the games, i even think victor should specify a section for games ,it �s so much fun and shows the creativity of those who participate.

10 Feb 2011     

chud
Israel

Ed. is right. I can tell you more: I use the captions to play the game with my students. So,  the game has  a certain educational value. Keep it!!! However, if there is a technical possibility to put it in a special "corner", it �ll be much more convenient for everybody, I suppose.

10 Feb 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@chud,
that �s exactly what I was trying to say. There should be a special section for games. Wink

10 Feb 2011     

Zora
Canada

Love the fact that there is some fun going on on the forum. I definitely think Ed �s game should stay. Smile

10 Feb 2011     

Mietz
Germany

I don �t join in, but I love following it. Do keep it up. :-)

10 Feb 2011     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Ed,

I am all for the Games!

I don�t have much time to participate in ESLp now, (because of the pressure of my personal life), so I don�t write as often as I would wish.

I avoid the tedious, repetitious Posts such as: �I posted my Worksheet 2 hours ago and I STILL HAVEN�T RECEIVED MY POINTS!!!!!!!!!+*&^%$��!�

Moreover, I don�t attempt to answer every question on every Post.

Why?  Because I don�t use �Book XYZ�; I don�t coach students for the �ABC Examinations�; and none of my students study �English for Elephants�; so my knowledge of these, (and many other subjects), is NIL.  (I imagine that some other Members are in a somewhat similar situation.)

But the games bring sunshine into my life.

It makes me so happy to see friends from all around the world laughing and having fun together.

Thank you!

Les

10 Feb 2011     

denfer
Czech Republic

I love the game. It is fun and makes the site more lively ...

10 Feb 2011     

Marywell
Poland

Of course, games should stay. what is more, they don �t need a seperate section, because then, some of our members would just go straight into the games section and ignore the main forum. If games are among other topics on the forum, people also skim the rest and check if they can help anyhow.
p.s. let �s face it, the member who desperately asked for help yesterday and repeated the question although the previous one was still visible on the main page did not sound serious. How can somebody teach students using enterprise 3 book if they themselves represent an enterprise -1 level and who could actually understand what this person was asking about? It is a miracle that there was one generous person who decided to try to help. God bless her for her patience.
To sum it up:
- games - yes,
- games section - no,
- not serious, repetitive questions - no.

10 Feb 2011     

Marywell
Poland

Of course, games should stay. what is more, they don �t need a seperate section, because then, some of our members would just go straight into the games section and ignore the main forum. If games are among other topics on the forum, people also skim the rest and check if they can help anyhow.
p.s. let �s face it, the member who desperately asked for help yesterday and repeated the question although the previous one was still visible on the main page did not sound serious. How can somebody teach students using enterprise 3 book if they themselves represent an enterprise -1 level and who could actually understand what this person was asking about? It is a miracle that there was one generous person who decided to try to help. God bless her for her patience.
To sum it up:
- games - yes,
- games section - no,
- not serious, repetitive questions - no.

10 Feb 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >