Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > can someone explain why this accusation?    

can someone explain why this accusation?

lina70
France

can someone explain why this accusation?

Have a look at this and please explain why the person has written this as I don�t understand.I�m lostConfused

10 Dec 2008      

sviviana
Portugal

Hi Lina, the person who has written that is the owner of the site MES-ENGLISH.
He has very strict policies regarding the use of the pictures. We can�t used them at all for this end.
He does this to everybody who uses his pictures. I just think that he could be more polite and explain why he does the accusation.

10 Dec 2008     

manonski (f)
Canada

The link does not work for me so I don�t know what you�re talking about.

10 Dec 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

The link doesn�t work for me either

10 Dec 2008     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

Hey lina and everyone!!!

�I agree with you sviviana!!!! It�s most impolite and harsh, he could explain it to the newcomers who may not know about that particular policy.

CHEERS

Aldana

10 Dec 2008     

lina70
France

Thank you for the explanations as I didn�t know of course in this case I understand. Please do tell me through private message  if there are other policies like this as I don�t want to get into troubleCry

10 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I didn�t think this was rude at all.  Just straight to the point.  MES are very clear on their policy - you agreed to it when you signed up - do not use their resources on other websites.  Just like if you took one of the worksheets from here and posted them on another website you would be absolutely chastised by many members of this community. 

I think that he has been very clear without being rude.  If you sign up to a website - I suggest you read the commitment before you click accept.

This person is protecting their intellectual property - what is wrong with that?  I would prefer he keeps his website free and continues to protect his intellectual property by these straight forward messages than start to charge everyone for downloading his incredible materials.

Regards
Vicki

10 Dec 2008     

lina70
France

I agree with you Vickii but I wasn�t aware of  this policy as I�m not registered on that particular site.Embarrassed A short explanations could  have helped me.The comment was not on my ws but I was shocked to see that straight to the point "stolen " written on this particular member ws.

10 Dec 2008     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

Sorry, but i will have to disagree with Vickiii in one point.�I did find the post a bit rude...

Of course YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT use MES material to create your own worksheets, but i think that what Lina meant, or at least what i understood, is that "markcox" accused this user of having stolen THE WHOLE worksheet, you know what i mean?�

Obviously the pictures should not have been used here, but the activity is not stolen, only the images, right? So, maybe he should have said the the images were stolen from MES and suggest this person to change them for other pictures. What do you think?

One point to clarify, I have never singed up to that website (MES-English)because there is no need for it. You just enter the site and are able to download his material, and the End User Licence Agreement is way down at the bottom of the page. So, it could be possible (and this is not an excuse) that you do not know of the rules until it is very late and you have already used the images.

So, maybe (and this is a humble suggestion for markcox) the Licence Agreement should be placed at the very beginning in a more visible place, what do you say?

Well, regards everyone

Aldana

10 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

This is at the top of the page:

MES-English.com offers

free ESL worksheets

for download and printing.  There are

talking worksheets, custom worksheet generators, worksheet makers, printables wizards

worksheets for grammar introduction

printable phonics e-books

writing worksheets

and more.  See each section for more information.  By downloading and using any of these resources you agree to the end user license agreement whether you read it or not.  Please read it.

I am not sure how anyone could miss the red writing...  Red is supposed to be a danger colour and is instantly recognised by the human brain.  Your eye is drawn to the colour red if you like it or not - so to ignore this message you actually need to make a conscious decision to do so.  It is basic psychology...  So I am with the author of the website - read the rules before using his resources.  It is a fantastic website that I hope is around for a very long time.  This will only happen if his intellectual property is respected.

10 Dec 2008     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

Hey again Vickii,

I was referring specifically to the home page. To be honest, I have never used this page before...and i checked the home page for information.

�I later saw the worksheets section and I saw what you meant by the message in red. Careful, some people are colour blind and may ommit that message!!! ;)

Mind you, though, the only place where it does say that (what you have posted in such big, colourful letters to make sure NOBODY skips it) is�ONLY�in the �worksheet section...Ermm�So...i rest my case.

But, anyway...I never said I wasn�t with the author on the issue of not permitting people to get his images; I just said I felt the post was a bit harsh because it gave the impression that he was accusing this user in particular of stealing the whole worksheet (exercises included) not giving him/her any credit for his/her work!! Just that!!!!

Nighty nite everyone!!!

Aldana

10 Dec 2008