Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD for FRIDAY 11TH (round 2)    

WOD for FRIDAY 11TH (round 2)

Mar0919
Mexico

WOD for FRIDAY 11TH (round 2)

I �m posting again, since it might get pushed off the forum while I �m at work. Will be back in a few hours and check with you guys!

The word is: RASTAQUOUERE

Hugs!!

Mar

12 Feb 2011      

Irma61
Hungary

I �m sure that it �s a compound noun.
It �s a person, who wants to have a special hair made called "rasta" , but the hairdresser has a lot of work and this person has to queue, so he/she is a queuer. (I don �t mind there is a misspelling in the word.)Smile
bye, Irma

12 Feb 2011     

ju10
Brazil

Rastaquouere from French Rastaquou�re 1social intruder, upstart � especially from a Mediterranean or Latin America country; a smooth untrustworthy foreigner. Perhaps it can help you.

12 Feb 2011     

elderberrywine
Germany

ju10, we weren �t looking for the meaning of the word. 
This is a game we play almost every day.
One person picks a rare word, preferably one that sounds a bit crazy, and all the others INVENT a meaning to it, going by its sound, components or just by letting their imagination run wild.
The person with the craziest, most interesting "definition" is the winner and may choose the word for the next day.

12 Feb 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

LOL   Thank you ju10.... I guess you haven �t joined this game before, and I invite you to do so, it �s FUN!!!
OK, I guess I have to pick the winner, since the definition was already told, so I choose.....
(DRUM ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL)

edrodmedina
United States

quouere= querer = to want, to desire,
rasta = Rastafarian

Rastaquouere = a Rastafarian wannabe

EDROMEDINA!!! We all know what a pain the "wannabe �s" can be!!!!

Rastaquouere = a Rastafarian wannabe

CONGRATS, ED.... !

12 Feb 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

Jussara �s inadvertent genuine gloss prompted me to check the dictionary and it just goes to show that the original definition is often a damn sight more intriguing and interesting than our �zany � efforts. I love the bit, �especially from a Mediterranean or Latin America country �. Where would Hollywood Latino stereotypes be without the likes of Cesar Romero and company?

12 Feb 2011