Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD for February 13,2011    

WOD for February 13,2011

edrodmedina
United States

WOD for February 13,2011

Thank you Mar for choosing me as the winner. The new word for today is eccedentesiast. Remember the rules, don �t give us a dictionary meaning for the word. Make up a zany or thought provoking meaning. Use you imagination and if you can �t use someone elses imagination. Good luck everyone, well not everyone, just those that use eslprintables.

13 Feb 2011      

Mar0919
Mexico

Hi, Ed!!! Mmm... you chose an easy word! Of course eccedentesiast is the eccentric dentist in charge of Herman �s beautiful denture! Being as eccentric as the family, he has very flexible, innovative and enthusiastic ways to perform his job!

As you can all see, it is clear why this eccedentesiast dentist is so popular among the stars, with a smile this bright!!!

13 Feb 2011     

imanito
Morocco

eccedent = a variant of accident
esiast = a variant of easiest

it �s an adjective used to describe a person who is prone to having accidents easily

"my neighbour is so eccedentesiast to the extent that a day wouldn �t go by without him checking in a hospital."

Synonym: clumsy

13 Feb 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

Freshly graduated dentists are eccedentesiasts..

Ecce= lo, behold, look at that! (as in ecco homo!)
dent= pertaining to teeth
siast= lover of, enthousiast

Fresh out of university, full of dreams of a blooming dentistry practice and a salary to match, these eccedentesiasts go around getting all excited about peoples teeth, the worse shape they are in the better. OH, look at those, with the kind of work those teeth need I can put a downpayment on that new car! And those, well, those might cover part of my mortgage!

13 Feb 2011