Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Cute graphics don ´t make up for grammar mistakes and typos.    

Cute graphics don ´t make up for grammar mistakes and typos.

blizzard1
Denmark

"Cute graphics don �t make up for grammar mistakes and typos." Wise words, dear Regina.

The aim of the wss is for the ss to learn. If a ws is full of mistakes and/or typos ss can lose interest in working with it and they can also get discouraged. Believe me, I �ve tried it.
However, mistakes and typos can be found in both plain and colorful wss.

I love making colorful wss. I use a lot of time writing a text, correcting and so on. But I also like to make them colorful and appealing for my ss. And I �ll keep on making my wss colorful. I just can�t help it. Points don �t matter to me (I �ve got more than I �ll ever use).

I sometimes download a plain ws and  add some cliparts to it so I can give it to my ss.

It is though a pity that a ws gets downloaded because of its appearance and not because of its content.

As my dear friend Mr Gump would say: "And that�s all I have to say about that..."

Cheers,
Elizabeth

16 Feb 2011     

baiba
Latvia

Lindsey, I thought for a second you have lost your marbles! Nuke

16 Feb 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Mmmmm.I love kittens and dogs too!!! Especialy in a spicy wine sauce, with fava beans!!!

16 Feb 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

well i like nice layouts and if is it is full of mistakes i simply correct them, some times if the ws has more mistakes that correct exercises i have used them the way they are and just add a  couple of lines for my students to correct the errors so i personally think that they are useful too if they are editable if not i just make a tantrum

16 Feb 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

I �m definitely with Lindsey on this one. It should be obvious by now that the more adorable the graphics, the better the worksheet - although I feel I should add that we definitely need fwuffier wabbits and more cutesie-wutesie urchins with button eyes and identical smiles. Only an anally-retentive curmudgeon would complain that syntax, orthography, lexis and semantic accuracy might possibly be just as important.

I salute those same indefatigable members who, day in, day out, download the prettiest worksheets and who care not a jot or a fig for the boring content!

16 Feb 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Shocked I simply cannot understand how a "teacher" can say content is boring or unimportant!!!! Then how can we blame our students for being bored in our classes, or finding our lessons boring, if we as "teachers" have that attitude?!?!? So...as long as the worksheet is pretty and colorful, that will motivate the student TO LEARN? which, I thought all along was our objective as teachers.
Don �t get me wrong, I appreciate the time a colleague spends putting beautiful clipart and images and the colors and all. that is time consuming, and I really appreciate their effort, but I also appreciate and maybe even more, the time and effort in preparing a good lesson, a great activity, that is presented in such a way, that a student can get the "oh! now I understand!" feeling!
I also spend some time correcting when needed, or rearranging, but I don �t mind, because what caught my attention was the content, which was what I needed in the first place.
I hope teachers, all the wonderful colleagues here in this site, really put their best effort in their wonderful creations, keep up the beauty and colorfulness, but also excellent CONTENT!!!

Just MHO!

Hugs,

Mar

17 Feb 2011     

< Previous   1    2