Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the day    

Word of the day

franknbea
United Kingdom

Word of the day

Thank you Imanito,

here is today �s word of the day:

KAKIDROSIS

you all know the rules by now, so have fun.

19 Feb 2011      

almaz
United Kingdom

A �kakidrosis �, Frank, is any word which has been used in a previous word game ; )

19 Feb 2011     

Greek Professor
Greece

mmm....

my SIS  bought a KAKI  DRO....View Image

19 Feb 2011     

roneydirt
United States

An alergy that our bosses have when seeing us show up wearing kaki �s as dress clothes...  it also go with flaneldrosis for those like me who wear flanels everyday to work instead of the company sweater....  which has no pockets.  need the pockets for random candy, stickers, writing utensils and notes... 

19 Feb 2011     

anitarobi
Croatia

addiction to wearing khaki, only the addiction causes people �s eyes to become insensitive to other colours and even damages eyesight in the area of reading and spelling, hence the lack of �h � in the word itself... yuck, such a lame try, but who cares?

19 Feb 2011     

Jayho
Australia

KAKIDROSIS

It is the Kalifornian Kid�z ROSIS (Radiation Oncology Safety Information System)

19 Feb 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

This word was already used but it gives us a chance to be even more creative. KAKIROSIS: Kaki as everyone knows is another word for poop, rosis of course is a fragrant flower. In an alternative universe where eveything is sdarwckab the roses smell like poop. These are called kakirosis.

19 Feb 2011     

Jayho
Australia

That�s news to me Ed (but we do use the word cack even though that has now been superceded by the more now widely accepted s**t.  We don�t call it poop either, I think that�s very American - for us it is just plain simply poo!)

... mmm so is that where khaki brown got its name from?

Apologies for the gutter humour

19 Feb 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

@Jayho..That �s what this site is all about, sharing, whether it �s poop, poo, caca, or kaki.

19 Feb 2011