Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > From the grumpy 40 year old pt 2    

From the grumpy 40 year old pt 2

roneydirt
United States

From the grumpy 40 year old pt 2

Had some interesting responses so wanted to continue to see some more comments and maybe make some replies.

Like many on here we are limited on time to view all the worksheets we download.  Some like myself do not have internet at our office or school so that even cuts down the time on here as well.  So we do a quick download of many ws and PowerPoints to take to work to go over.

Problems:  Some are designed on different programs or similar programs but with different language or binary codes so it makes it difficult or impossible to make changes or take pieces from to create new ws or PowerPoints.  Then there are the others that after designing their ws or PowerPoint secure so it is uneditable as one person mention doing to theirs.   This includes wanting to take out the religion or political material out of the ws or PowerPoint, so it either becomes useless material for the rest of us  or we take the chance of using it with the thought that it might get us in trouble with the type of school we are working in. 

To that person that fears others taking their work.  Why do you post it in the first place?  Second I looked through the 23 pages of work and found a whole sum of none that were original thoughts.  If you had any original ones there I would have had agreed with you to secure those items. 

Besides the basic spell check also thought on many an answer key should be included.  I do know many now do add but there are still many that don �t.  It would make it easier for those that want to use your ws or PowerPoint to know where you are coming from, it would also be helpful for the students on here as well for better understanding.

19 Feb 2011