Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > worksheets are obsolete    

worksheets are obsolete

Jayho
Australia

... and to continue with my previous reply (sorry, I had to get to class pronto but now I�m on a quick break)

I live in a developed country and not even my own country has computers everywhere.  We have schools in the outback (remote areas) without technology.  Internet is not available everywhere because of geographical distance to the urban areas.  (Many of these areas are not even connected to electricity grids or main water). 

I feel for these kids - if and when they do come to the city to work they just won�t be up with it (i.e. technology) because they have not had satisfactory access to it in their schooling.  So, you can just imagine what it is like in an underdeveloped country where the majority of the population does not have access to the technology.

So leelei, brew another pot of coffee and perhaps think outside the square

21 Feb 2011     

leelei
Denmark

It was only an opinion, wow, very rude peopel here.

21 Feb 2011     

melahel7
Canada

What the heck is happening here lately?!

21 Feb 2011     

zailda
Brazil

Hi, leelei!

Not with the intention of being rude (not trying to be polite either), but as children say: you started. You took your time to register in a site which name is clear about what we share (printables - to be print in paper) and say that they are obsolete. What did you expect from us?

Of course some have more politeness to spend (or waste, depending on your POV) but "paper" and printables is the main reason for this site to exist. It �s like if you went to Victor �s house and he offered you everything he had at home and you said that his food was rotten - or something like that.

Isn �t respecting other person �s work still a way of being polite? If I don �t like what I see I simply go anywhere else.

Have a good week!

21 Feb 2011     

Jayho
Australia

hey leelei - there�s nothing wrong with voicing your opinion but if you do so then you have to be up to the challenge of accepting other POVs

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a healthy debate (manners aside)

21 Feb 2011     

joy2bill
Australia

I think the powers-that-be (ie the beancounters) in my school would agree with leelei.
I �m always in trouble for the number of my photocopies BUT technology breaks down, students enjoy their own copies, etc.
In a perfect world!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers Joy

21 Feb 2011     

libertybelle
United States

And you know what???  I grew up without computers, smart phones, smartboards, ipads and what ever - and I �m doing ok.
I learned to read, write, be creative, get an education, do math and learn other languages - so what �s the big deal???

21 Feb 2011     

ELOJOLIE274
France

maybe printables are obsolete but in my school we share 2 video-projectors for 11 English teachers, 6 Spanish teachers, 3 Italian ones and 2 German ones... and we are "lucky" because our school is well-equipped compared to other schools in France and i �m not even talking about other countries...
Leelei, your comment sounded very judgemental and maybe you should contribute - by making a few powerpoints or online exercises - before you judge our work...
Bye

21 Feb 2011     

leelei
Denmark

Who �se being judgemental? You are, for certain! I am knew on this site and I offer an opinion and I get attacked! Wow, you can �t want to attract new people to this site if you treat people this way. And you make fun of my country. I �m sorry you don �t like Denmark, but I live here and I like it! The fact is that soon all schoolchildren will be using computers, And there are online programs on this site, like powerpoint, which will be in demand, not paper. IF you people make fun of my country again, I will complain to the manager of this site. How rude!

21 Feb 2011     

elderberrywine
Germany

it wasn �t an opinion, in the context of this site it was a provocation

21 Feb 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >