Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > NEWBIE NEEDS INFO ...     

NEWBIE NEEDS INFO ...

MrsB_03
United States

NEWBIE NEEDS INFO ...

I just found this site by an accidental search on Monday. I�ve been trying since then to become a part of the group, but evidentally my technician has found it of less importance than I since he would not unblock the confirmation email. SO ... I have gone about it a different way, using our school gaggle accounts for students - of which I now have one of my own, and now have successfully been confirmed.

What if an "idea" of a lesson is not mine originally ... but I created my own worksheet to complete the activity. It is similar to an original, but tweaked to fit my own style. Are these allowed?  I ask because I AM NOT creative ... I rely on ideas from others and tweak them to fit my own teaching style and needs.  So I trying to figure out if I will be able to benefit from this site.  Especially since I have to "give" to receive.  Which by the way - is a GREAT IDEA ... I�m just the "less creative original" kind.  LOL .... Thanks - Shelley

10 Dec 2008      

libertybelle
United States

Hi Shelley

Victor�s rules are:

Only registered users can get full access to downloads. After registering you have to send us one of your own printables.
Every time someone downloads one of your worksheets, you get one point, which will be added to your account.
For example, if you have 12 points, you can make 12 downloads from the site.
When you reach 30 points, you become a premium user. Premium users are allowed to download 30 of the daily recent contributions for free.
You are only allowed to send your own documents. If you send a copy taken from another website or scanned from a book, you will lose your account.

You are allowed to be inspired by something you�ve read, as long as you�ve made it into your own worksheet or powerpoint. You can find millions of free images on the internet to help you along the way.

Scanning and copying from a book is not allowed.  Downloading other people�s materials and calling them your own is also not allowed.
You don�t need to be an artist to make good worksheets. Try looking at some of the worksheets here, and learn from them. I�ve learned a lot being here!
Hope this helps
Libertybelle

10 Dec 2008     

MrsB_03
United States

Thank you LibertyBelle ... I didn�t mean to sound stupid ... LOL ... I did read the Victor�s rules ... But I also know that using someone else�s ideas is not "your own" so I wanted to be sure to ask specifically. I have used someone�s  activity sheets and tweaked them to fit my own needs or style - but they are not "my own."  I very RARELY use WORKSHEET ... So I knew that if I could not upload what I have, then it would be of no benefit for me to remain a member of this site, as I would not earn any points to be able to spend to download.  Confused

On Monday I began searching for remediation activities to do with my students in after-school tutoring. I was DESPERATELY wanting the transition worksheet for today to help my students who are having a hard time using them correctly and effectively, but I could not get my confirmation - and NOW I have to upload something to get something. Of course, after reading someone else�s report, the points won�t apply for 24 hrs anyway ... so here I am in the boat I was in anyway.

I�m tickled pink to have found this site, I just needed to see how often I was going to be able to benefit from it, and I SURE do not want to waste anyone�s time or space ... thus my post.  Thank you for clarifying things for me ... hopefully I will be able to create some things that others can and will benefit from as well.  Thanks, Shelley

10 Dec 2008