Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hi    

Hi

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Hi

Hi,

Can you help me in teaching who & whom ??

How can I help students differentiate between using them ??

Regards,
Pretyy

22 Feb 2011      

britishschwa
Cayman Islands

ooooooooooh! c �mon again you!!!

check these links:

Lamp pretty3, you have more questions (about 60) than wss shared (just 2 wss in about 6 months, unbelievable !!!)

22 Feb 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

british please no need to be rude, we are here to help if this bothers you then just dont read the post.  pretty 3 i have a ws that deals with that, i dont have the time now to give you the link but u can search among my contributions  to see it , or send me a pm and as soon as i get home i �ll send it to you.

22 Feb 2011     

britishschwa
Cayman Islands

Sorry Liz! Embarrassed

I help her, too. 

but....  I can �t stand her!!!

she makes lots of "questions" but never contribute with us uploading wss!

JUST 2, just 2 in 6 months!!! no way!

22 Feb 2011     

Zora
Canada

"who" is the subject and "whom" is the object form that �s why it often appears with "to" or any other preposition ... 

22 Feb 2011     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Thanks a lot dear.
I know its uses but I wanted a simple way to ex[lain this grammar to students who are 13 years old.
I meant you teaching method in teaching who or whom

By the way many thanks for generous and helpful people .
I don �t mind other people who don �t like to give help without being rude

22 Feb 2011     

Zora
Canada

Quoted from one of the pages above:

Ask yourself if the answer to the question would be he or him. If you can answer the question with him, then use whom. It �s easy to remember because they both end with "m". If you can answer the question with he, then use who.
  • Example: A suitable answer to the question, "To [who or whom] did the prize go?" is, "It went to him." (It is improper to say "It went to he.") The correct pronoun for the question is whom.
  • Example: A suitable answer to the question, "[Who or Whom] went to the store?" is, "He went to the store." (It is improper to say "Him went to the store.") The correct pronoun for the question who.

That is the easiest way to teach the difference... Also "whom" is being used less and less and is now considered quite "formal". "Who" will soon be the new "whom"! Wink

22 Feb 2011     

douglas
United States

britishschwa-stop being a toad

(ref: your 2 worksheets- 1 with 99 uploads--second account perhaps?)

22 Feb 2011     

britishschwa
Cayman Islands

I �m not being rude I �m just inviting you to share more wss! 

you are the person who MORE ask and LESS collaborate/ share!

I �m not telling you to upload every single day a worksheet, even every week! (if you can, better!) BUT... at least 1 per month! PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!

NOW, it �s YOUR time to help this amazing community! would u?

22 Feb 2011     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Zora

Thanks  a lot .
Now it is easy to explain

22 Feb 2011     

Zora
Canada

You know britishschwa that for someone from the Cayman Islands, (a British Territory)  you certainly express yourself strangely. Are you really a native speaker??

22 Feb 2011     

1    2    Next >