Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I feel soooo old...     

I feel soooo old...

roneydirt
United States

I feel soooo old...

Sitting here grading essays for 6th and 7th graders on what they used to do but don �t do anymore.  Most sound like old men and women remembering their childhood, then there are others that make me worry about their mindset.  Here is a paraphrase of several, there are 79 essays graded so far with several with similar things in them. 

Bad habit, staying at a friends playing all day?  Now "she" is older and more matured she only stays for an hour playing.

Use to play with toys, watch cartoons, eat junk food.  Now watches sports and eats vegetables and lean meat.

Used to travel but now has responsibilities.

Hmmm...  I guess I am still a child at heart.  Still watch cartoons, travel, eat junk food as quick snacks, visit with friends longer than an hour and play with toys.

26 Feb 2011      

S.Reisner
Brazil

So am I. Isn �t it wonderful?

26 Feb 2011     

meuge
Argentina

I guess they sound more like their parents... don �t they? LOL

26 Feb 2011     

Mallerenga
Spain

I �ve got Peter Pan �s syndrome..... and I love it!Thumbs Up

26 Feb 2011     

chud
Israel

Yesterday I was reading with my 9 years old student some text about Antarctica. It was followed by several questions, one of which was: "Would or wouldn �t you like to visit Antarctica? Explain why". The kid answered: "I wouldn �t like to visit Antarctica, because it �s too cold there, and penguins I can see on television". Disapprove I remember that in my times ( and I �m not that old, you know) kids would spare money to escape from their homes and go to Antarctica...

26 Feb 2011     

epit
Turkey

Hi  I consider myself the ones who are lucky,cause I lived mychild full time . I played with other kids ,wasted my time watching tvread my beautiful children books as much as I wanted .My parents were just mum and father .They are not my friend .I respected them besides  fearing .Nowadays kids don �t live in a real world .They learn much more things that they cant live their chilhood .They are around  unlimited dangerous.Internet makes them unsociable too.It is much more difficult and not delicious to be a child in this time .Hugs

26 Feb 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Roney! You made me feel less out of place LOL!!! So, I can consider myself "a child at heart!" and no longer an old lady refusing to age LOL!!! But, yes, I see your point, kids nowadays are bombarded with actiivities, that they no longer have time to be "kids"! At least in the city where I live, it really urks me when my ss tell me eeeeeeeverything they do after school, that I ask, hmmm... and what time can you just be... YOU?... they get home from school, eat, go to ballet practice (girls) soccer practice (boys), or swimming, or karate, or private English classes, or Math classes, or music lessons, or... whatever! then get home, do homework, and go to bed. This goes on on weekends too... it seems like parents are just looking for things to keep them busy and out of the house!

Glad there are some other childs at heart like myself who still think PLAYING, watching cartoons, and enjoying life is still important!!!

27 Feb 2011