Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Teaching Adults !!!    

Teaching Adults !!!

AishaC
Cyprus

Teaching Adults !!!

I have 3 adult learners who are pre-intermediate level. First lesson is on Thursday. The thing is that it is a 3 hours class 3 times a week and there is no book to follow. Any suggestions on topics for the first day? Thank you 

1 Mar 2011      

dawnmain
United Kingdom

They will be able to talk about a lot of things, family, jobs, where they live, hobbies, interests,  why they are studying english, ambitions, friends, routine.

I think a nice relaxed class is good to start, revising present simple with flashcards, revising introducing oneself and others.  some role play.   if they are interested in business english then asking for phone numbers, email addresses, etc.

you kind find all sorts of interesting books to download on englishtips.org

the world is your oyster!

1 Mar 2011     

gloriawpai
Brazil

Check this link: http://www.macmillanenglish.com/uploadedFiles/Download_Pages/New_Inside_Out/SS_Pre-intermediate.pdf

1 Mar 2011     

fadifai
Algeria

hi there, if you want to prvide yourself and your students with books, I can help you.

1 Mar 2011     

AishaC
Cyprus

Thank you so much everybody :)))

2 Mar 2011