Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Job description for a teacher.    

Job description for a teacher.

joy2bill
Australia

Job description for a teacher.

Is this what I signed on for when I became a teacher?

Today I worried about a student whose wallet was stolen and he was afraid it would be found because of what he had in it. (I �m guessing e...)

I supplied advice for a student with a hangover.

I counselled somone whose ex-boyfriend was stalking her.

I helped a student who was caught in one of the "Nigerian � scans (ie booking an apartment over the internet..pay now, see the place later. Whoops, it doesn �t exist but thanks for the $1000)

Finally I had my hair sprayed green as we were raising money for children with leukemia.

PS I also taught reported speech!

What do you do that is out of the ordinary?
Cheers Joy

11 Mar 2011      

Redbull
Thailand

Hi Joy,

I congratulate you in your efforts to give extra help where It �s needed Clap

I have also done some of the things as yourself like counselling students who have just split up with their partner!
Help with students hangovers and or drug addictions giving advise where needed and how to stop using them.

But my most time consuming is teaching the English football every week day after classes have finished e.g. coaching the schools football team using the English vocabulary words for playing this game.

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

11 Mar 2011