Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Latest news from Japan    

Latest news from Japan

alien boy
Japan

Latest live news stream update:

The other one just cut out... �channel is offline�

15 Mar 2011     

lshorton99
China

Thank you so much for keeping us updated. We are all keeping our fingers crossed that the situation improves.

Everyone affected is in our thoughts.

Lindsey

15 Mar 2011     

alien boy
Japan

Hi again!

a quick graphic from ABC News, Australia

minute levels of radiation increase in Tokyo & about 40 times normal level in Saitama. Apparently not enough to affect human health. I �ll post more if/when I know more.

AB

15 Mar 2011     

pollyanna_pl
Greece

I don �t know how much truth there is in the news releases of the media any more, but if we rely on what is being broadcast in Greece and on CNN, apparently things are not very safe at all for Japan and its people.

There are some signs that perhaps our Japanese or Japan-based friends should take into account.
1. Several incoming flights to Japan from neighbouring countries have been cancelled because of the radiation problem.
2. There was a brief mention by some Greek scientists about how the Japanese government has no choice but to keep as reassuring as possible, because for instance, the announcement of elevated radiation levels in Tokyo would mean the need to evacuate several million people, which is not an option.
3. When references are made to elevated radiation levels that, however,  do not affect people �s health, the hidden truth may be that there will be no immediate deaths, but the long-term effects and the radius affected can vary, depending on the weather and the materials that have been released.
4. It is almost certain that an M8 earthquake will strike some time soon, and we all know how it goes from there, especially since all surrounding protective structures around the reactors have already collapsed.

I would hate to alarm you unduly, dear friends, but even if my concerns are a bit exaggerated, maybe you would consider these points, which to me, seem to make sense? Any chance that you could get out of japan for a while? As much as I hate to say it, the chances for Japan don �t seem very good.

Whatever you do, I hope it works out for what �s best for you and your safety.
My thoughts and best wishes are with you.

15 Mar 2011     

< Previous   1    2