Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A question    

A question

eng789
Israel

Thanks Linda, I tried that. 

I �ve enlarged the fonts and that seems to help.  

Hugs
Barbara

15 Mar 2011     

apayala
Spain

I have sent you a pm Smile

15 Mar 2011     

ellakass
Israel

I am an old lady too.  They say that the" eyes are fine but the arms are shorter" with the age.  
Linda, thank you for the link to the facebook.

15 Mar 2011     

eng789
Israel

Thanks to apayala   and her excellent directions,  I am now the proud owner of a white background.   No more grey/gray for me.   

Thank you,
         Barbara

15 Mar 2011     

eng789
Israel

Thanks to apayala   and her excellent directions,  I am now the proud owner of a white background.   No more grey/gray for me.   

Thank you,
         Barbara

15 Mar 2011     

Jayho
Australia

How did you do that?

BTW, I don�t know if mine is light grey or white - I think it�s off-white.  Was yours dark grey or light grey?  Can we change it to another more brighter colour?  I need some colour in my day today.

16 Mar 2011     

apayala
Spain

To change background colour of the webpage:

Being on ESL Printables page, open �Internet tools� or �Internet options�, I am not sure how to translate computing vocabulary, sorry.

A new little window will open, with many tabs, choose the one called �general�, it has at the bottom 4 options: colours, languages, fonts and accessibility.

Click on �colours�. A new more little window opens. It has 2 little boxes you can tick.

One of them says: �use colour of movement� or something like this, again I am not sure how to translate it.

The other one says: �use colours from windows� and there appear the following options: text, background, visited, not visited and movement, each one with one colour square next to the option.

Now, you have to untick �use colours from windows� in order to be able to click on the square option you want, in this case, you will click on the square background, then a new window with a pannel of colours will appear and you click on the colour you want the background and then accept, you will go back to the former window where you will make sure that you have ticked the �use colour of movement� box, and then you will accept again and you will go back to the former window (the one with the 4 options: colours, languages, fonts and accesibility) and accept for the last time and that is it!. Your background will be in the colour you have chosen.

So, the important thing is:

�Use colours from windows� box, has to be not selected to be able to click on the background colour option.

�Use colour of movement� has to be selected once you have already chosen the background colour and before clicking accept to go back to the former window.

Another important thing: it is not possible to change �google� page background, don�t try it as it is fixed in white and there is no option to change it.

Hugs from Spain,

Ana

16 Mar 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Yuuuupppey, Barbara

Now, what do you think?  what+s your opinion.?

You got a new bacjground, so,

CAN I GET A NEW GOVERNMENT????????

Please, dear, we are friends, just, just tell me how to make this wonders.
I PROMISE I WILL EVER; AND EVER

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GRATEFUL

( PS spelling mistakes are not mine - they are ny eyes �, poor them, gettimg old and old )

kissssses Linda

EDIT

@ ellakass

Thank you, thanks from  my heart.

I don�t understand why people are not answering this.

I have, and so have many of my students, our names in Anne�s chestnut.

this is what keep us alive

Thnks, I mean it, thanks a lot
Linda

16 Mar 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Wow - I got colour - thanks Ana, you are amazing.  Alas, it was toooooo bright so now I �m back to boring easy-on-the-eyes white .

Anyway, I learnt something new today - that �s enough to put colour back into my day.

16 Mar 2011     

< Previous   1    2