Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > In the time of bad news coming from Japan, how about good one    

In the time of bad news coming from Japan, how about good one

roneydirt
United States

In the time of bad news coming from Japan, how about good one

We are all worried about friends and/or family in Japan.  Worried about a possible nuclear meltdown.  Some sites are gone and some websites are not working properly where I am.  Thought a good story from Japan is needed.

16 Mar 2011      

Mar0919
Mexico

Wow!!! Thanks Roney, for this beautiful story! Miracles DO exist.

16 Mar 2011     

alien boy
Japan

Latest reactor related news articles:

(interactive timeline of the reactors)

don �t believe all the rumours that are going around...

Fukushima 50 & some interesting links

The workers have returned to the plant!

More later on as time permits.
Cheers,
AB

16 Mar 2011     

tastybrain
Taiwan

I find this story hope-inspiring. It �s truly great news.

I have to object to calling it a miracle, however. It seems extremely inappropriate. A miracle performed by whom or by what? Calling it a miracle also seems to totally disregard the lack of miracle which failed to save the thousands who have already tragically passed away as a result of the devastation brought by the earthquake and tsunami, not to mention the health risks posed by radiation leaks.

I find calling such welcome nuggets of hope "miracles" insulting to the memory of the people who did pass away. Where was their miracle? A higher power saw fit to let thousands of people die suddenly, tragically and violently but we give it credit for sparing one baby? It �s fine to feel relief and hope at reading stories like this, but please, let �s stop calling them miracles.

16 Mar 2011