Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > RENT A CAR ABROAD ?    

RENT A CAR ABROAD ?

swissprof
Switzerland

RENT A CAR ABROAD ?

Dear colleagues

Would you know an activity, speaking or reading about renting a car abroad for intermediate students ?

Thanks a lot for your advice

Nicole

16 Mar 2011      

Natashenka
Ukraine

1. Here �s the example of a dialogue concerning car rental. The students read it, analyze the active vocabulary and then make up their own ones.
Rent-A-Car Clerk (RC): Good morning. May I help you?

Customer (C): I´d like to rent a car, please.

RC: Okay. Full-size, mid-size or compact, ma´am?

C: Full-size, please. What´s the rate?

RC: 78 dollars a day with unlimited mileage.

C: And I´d like to have insurance just in case.

RC: Is there an additional driver?

C: No.

RC: If you want full coverage insurance, it will be 8 dollars per day. It includes collision damage waiver and personal accident insurance.

C: All right. I´ll take it.

RC: Here is our brochure, ma´am. Err... full-size... OK. Please choose a model in this section.

C: How about this one?

RC: All right. How many days would you like to use it?

C: Just one day.

RC: May I see your driver´s license and credit card please?

C: Is the international driving licence fine?

RC: Yes, it is. Thank you. Please fill in this form. Can you check this box, and put your initials here, and again here.

2. The students read advertisements of car rental agencies and make up their own ones. Then they hand them in and the teacher reads them aloud without naming the author. The students vote for the best advertisement.
3. Project work. The students prepare and present information on peculiarities of car rental in different countries.

16 Mar 2011