Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Greece    

Greece

Damielle
Argentina

Greece

Hello myfriends from Greece!! I�m watching the news on TV and I�ve seen that there are some riots in Greece because a teenager was killed. Can you tell me what is really happening??

12 Dec 2008      

memthefirst
Turkey

I don�t know for sure but it is not really for a murder of a teenager.The rebels are actually against the government.I hope everything settles down at once.Peace at home peace all around the world.Mustafa Kemal ATATURK.

12 Dec 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

So... I missed  the first part of the news!!! I haven�t seen the news for a long time..

12 Dec 2008     

cgato
Portugal

Hi!

I read today that it was the killing of a 16 year old boy by the police that has started it. But young people in Greece have been in trouble for a long time: low income, lack of jobs, etc. It was said that the difference between rich and poor is very big. However it seems the situation is calmer. The government has thought about sending the army to the streets, but they haven�. The problem is that these riots may start in other european countries! Hope not. But the economical crisis is really bad! Well, this is what I read in the portuguese press.

BYE

12 Dec 2008