Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A couple of updates & some useful/interesting info about nuclear fuel!    

A couple of updates & some useful/interesting info about nuclear fuel!

alien boy
Japan

A couple of updates & some useful/interesting info about nuclear fuel!

A report about the situation at Fukushima & what it means for Tokyo.

The article should be titled �March 18�, not March �17�. 

http://www.facebook.com/notes/lori-henderson/update-on-fukushima-situation-march-17-1600hrs/10150101959246615

Cheers,
AB

p.s.  a little bit more info about nuclear power plants & spent fuel for non scientists along with a recent update:

Bye for now!

To quote from the original FaceBook poster:

Here´s an article that came out yesterday afternoon interviewing researchers who specialize on the effects of radiation exposure on humans over decades in places like Hiroshima. It´s based upon evaluating actual data taken from 47 measurement sites 17 to 37 miles from the Fukushima plant.

I think it can help to reassure those who are worried but emotionally mature while debunking those who believe Mother Nature and the supreme being are "out to get us" with some king of nuclear apocalypse... For you others who are somewhere in-between, you can stack this one with the "arguments to stay" side of the aisle.

Cheers,
AB

18 Mar 2011      

Jayho
Australia

Thanx AB

19 Mar 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

Thanks for the news...
http://science.howstuffworks.com/japan-nuclear-crisis2.htm
This site provides easy to follow information about nuclear reactors and the Fukushima problem. Might be useful for advanced students as well.

19 Mar 2011     

juliag
Japan

Excellent links AB and Moravc, thank you for sharing.
I feel much more reassured now than I did before.

Was disappointed to find that my village is not yet taking the steps to gather necessary resources together to send north as some other places seem to be. Though they are talking about housing evacuees, which is great.

Of course donating money and trying to conserve electricity and avoiding panic overbuying are little ways we can all help, but if anyone knows of anything else that us here in Japan can do to help please let me know. I �m out of the non-Japanese loop and my Japanese friends don �t seem to think there is much else I can do at the moment, though I would love to do something more.

19 Mar 2011     

David Lisgo
Japan

Hi Julia and all,

For those living in Japan (especially in the north), this  http://www.2hj.org/index.php/news/send_us_food_and_supplies/ may be practical.

I don �t know if this have been posted before but do take a look:

I �m in touch with a few teachers in the quake/tsunami area who have been unable to reopen their schools and so they have no income, I may be able to help them in some ways such as donating teaching materials when the time comes, other than that one can make a long term commitment to donating and cut back on non essentials. Of course cutting back has wider implications on society. I �m hoping people don �t decide English is unimportant and cut back here. Hopefully people will cut back on wastage such as PACHINKO.
David

19 Mar 2011