Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Penpals    

Penpals

dorchen
Germany

Penpals

Hello,

I �m an English teacher from germany and I �m teaching class 5-9. I �m looking for penpals for four of my students in 9th grade. We would like to write english emails to real persons instead of only writing "imaginary" emails.

Who would like to be our penpal?

greetings to everyone

Evelyn

23 Mar 2011      

naty.g
Italy

Hi Evelyn!
I �d be very interested, but my students are 9 and 10 years old...are they too young?

23 Mar 2011     

mani
Spain

I�m interested too...my students are 10-12...but I would like to send e-mails and letters too.

Thanks,

23 Mar 2011     

chrissmolder
Australia

I �m homeschooling my own boys ages 10, 12, and 14.  I think they would enjoy writing if anyone needs a few extra penpals.  I �d especially love to get my 10 year old involved because he needs to practice his letter writing too.

23 Mar 2011     

dorchen
Germany

Hello, 

Thank you all for your quick replies. My ninth-graders are 15/16 so they are probably too old. But I �m also teaching 5th (they are 10 and 11) and 8th grade (they are 14/ 15, but still not "all grown up"). I will talk to my students, but I really like the idea of writing letters to other Englishstudents, because it helps them practise and it is really motivating. And they can learn something about other countries too. 

I �ll write each of you a personal message this afternoon. Thank you again! I would be very happy to cooperate with you!

24 Mar 2011     

faithingod
Brazil

HI EVELYN,

MY NAME IS ANDREIA AND I TEACH AT A PRIVATE SCHOOL IN RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL. I HAVE A GROUP OF 20 STUDENTS. THEIR AGES ARE 10 - 14 YEARS OLD. AND I START A PROJECT WHERE THEY WOULD SEND POSTCARDS FROM BRAZIL AND THEM RECEIVE POSTCARDS FROM STUDENTS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES. WE HAVE ALREADY EXCHANGED POSTCARDS WITH TURKEY, SLOVENIA AN ARGENTINA. ARE YOU INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING?

SEE YOU ANDREIA 

8 May 2012