Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New School    

New School

David Lisgo
Japan

New School

Hello Everyone, so sorry for my long absence. Been offline. Now in the process of moving home and school, not much time for anything else.  My daughter started uni today and my 2nd son (27) started work after many years at uni. Our 3rd son is talking about going to Sendai as a volunteer; we can but encourage and support him. Our 1st born son has been a great support during this somewhat expensive period in our lives. Idealistic people change the world.

To keep this on topic and to bring me back here let me say that I have 3 large walls and not one picture on them (the other wall is all shelves), what would you like to put on your walls, if you were teaching children. I tend to be very practical, but don �t have what is termed "A woman �s touch."

4 Apr 2011      

languageleader88
Andorra

Dear David, I �m glad you and your family are Ok. I am also thinking of going as a volunteer to Japan. You �ve got all my support!

4 Apr 2011     

alien boy
Japan

Nice to hear you & your family are coming back fighting!

がんばります!

4 Apr 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi dear David

So glad to hear from you and to know you are ok. Your children must be fantastic people. I saw your message in the caf�, but I didn �t get why you moved - personal reasons or, unfortunately, due to all those problems with the nuclear plant?

" Whenever a man dreams, the world jumps forward, like a colourful ball in a child �s hands. "

This is from a most wonderful Portuguese song, the poem was written by a Math teacher, to prove that numbers and words can go together.

My dream, David, well, in fact just one of my bunch of dreams, is having an empty classroom, all mine, where I could do whatever I wanted.

If you want something like posters, I can go through my HD and have a look; I have some cute ones. You can have a calendar with their birthdays, important celebrations ... You could leave some room to show their works... well, that �s only what comes to my mind, by now. I have to leave, I have classes in about half an hour. If you need anything, pm me.

Big hugs to you and your family, glad you are all well.

Linda

EDITED -

Hi, AB, so good to hear from you, too.

4 Apr 2011     

anaisabel001
Spain

Dear David, I �m so happy you and your family are fine.
 You can find some value posters here:
http://www.livingvalues.net/posters-dwnld.html
http://www.fablevision.com/northstar/miniposters/
They might look nice on the wall.
Welcome back.
All the best.Hug

4 Apr 2011     

maryse pey�
France

how good it is to have you back ! keep your mind positive dear !

4 Apr 2011     

juliag
Japan

Hi David,
Nice to see you.

I have up posters but also 2 big pinboards on which I attach any posters/ worksheets that involve pictures as well as words that the students make, or the postcards we received from other countries and so on. I think it �s nice to have a personal touch like this and for the students to see some of their work on display.

Hope this helps.
hugs
julia

4 Apr 2011     

ditku
Poland

Hi David!

I �m glad to hear that you, Julia and Alien Boy are OK. :)

My wall advice is: a MAP! I am crazy about maps, I know. But this is magical to have one, don �t you think? You can use it to raise the global (and this one is twofold) awareness in students. Not only do they learn about the  location of the countries and continents, or the nationalities, but also about the customs, the weather and the languages. Maps have it all. I simply love them... Heart

Have an awesome week!!!

4 Apr 2011     

mariannina
Italy

Hi friends, it �s nice to read you again!Smile
Hugs.
Mariannina

4 Apr 2011     

anitarobi
Croatia

David, the most important thing is that you �re OK. Perhaps you should leave the wall empty and call it the wall of experiences - just let it fill with pics, sayings, etc. connected to whatever happens in the years that follow.

4 Apr 2011     

savvinka
Russian Federation

How nice it is to hear from people from Japan!!!!!!

4 Apr 2011     

1    2    Next >