Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Game Maker    

Game Maker

foose1
United States

Game Maker

Check out this free download for making games.  It looks like it would work to make some neat games.  I have been working with it for a few hours and I am learning how to use it pretty fast to make an ESL game.   It would be kind of neat to be able to download and upload this type of executable game on ESL printables.
http://store.yoyogames.com/games/277-gamemaker-for-windows-lite

4 May 2011      

foose1
United States

The gamemaker lacks the ability to generate labels to use as questions or answers.  I have to use powerpoint and then save them as images to use with gamemaker.   Other than that, the games I am making are pretty neat and my students seem to like them.  

John

7 May 2011     

foose1
United States

I found a way to generate questions and am using sound recording.  Thus, making the game more realistic.  Gamemaker is pretty cool.  In a week or two I will go with the flash version for making games.

8 May 2011     

foose1
United States

Starting to edit the sounds to reduce noice to save space and make the sound clear.  Working on shooter type games and others that forces the student to look for the or shoot at the words that I call out on the speaker.  This is pretty cool stuff and not hard to do.  Just a lot of time spent learning.
John

22 May 2011     

foose1
United States

It is becoming easier for me to make whatever I want to make with Gamemaker.  I am making some pretty neat stuff now and find it quite fun making the games. Sounds are quite tedious as it would be also for powerpoint but it is well worth it in the long run.  I found a program that helps to install your games.  Pretty proffesional stuff.  I hope someone out there is reading this, as I believe it is a better way to go.

John

5 Jun 2011