Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Are your images appearing out of place on the preview? Solution? Maybe?    

Are your images appearing out of place on the preview? Solution? Maybe?

wolfy
Chile

Are your images appearing out of place on the preview? Solution? Maybe?

I think this covers it:

Error 1:
The site does NOW display backgrounds. �(These are images placed on your worksheets as background via "Format" / "Backgrounds". �Copy pasting a large image directly onto a worksheets is OK. �

Error 1 Fix: Victor has done the following on the server: In Word Select "Tools" / "Options" and on the "Print" tab Check "Colours and Background images". �

Error 1 Fix 2: If you have an old ws, upload it again, it previews with the background now in place.

Error 1 Notes:
If you have any doubts about this error, then select "File" / "Print Preview" from the main menu and you�ll see what your worksheet will look like.

Error 2:
The site displays the print preview at 100%. �Make sure your worksheets are created the same. �Using "Web View" moves things about.

Error 2 Fix:
In Word select "View" and "Print Design" and make sure the zoom is at 100%. �

Error 2 Notes:
Again if you have any doubts hit "File" / "Print Preview" and you�ll see what your worksheet will look like.

Error 3:
The font does not exist in the server

Error 3 Fix:
Use a standard font, if you�re not sure that would be "Ariel" / "Times new Roman" / "Tahoma" / "Bookman Old Style". �There are many others, but I don�t want to list them all here.

I would really welcome any feedback, and if that covers it (fingers crossed) I�ll write a nicer FAQ about it.

15 Dec 2008      

Vickiii
New Zealand

Wow - Wolf, What big ideas you have!

Will go check out error 2, fix 2 to see if it works on my moving images!

Well it improved it slightly - I also changed the margins back to normal.  But there is still enough movement of my pictures to make the printable look pretty stupid.  - my preview looks great in �print preview� but not on this website.

BTW - what should the margins be set on?  Maybe that would help - I use MSword 2007 - so margins and everything are different from standard. 

15 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

Have you uploaded the ws? I�ll check it out. �Margins don�t seem to affect it. �Hey I just noticed I can test without actually uploading, You get the preview after the "Please wait" message, then you can close the page and your ws isn�t uploaded. �That�s saved me tons of time.

15 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

When I open the ws I get it exactly the same as the preview, But I don�t have the font you have, This seems to be error 3. �Please upload again, and let me know, so I can check it out.

15 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Thanks Wolf,

That has improved it out of sight!
Just slight movement in the pictures now. Thank you so much!!!

Vicki

15 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

No thank you, maybe This wolf will invite you to "Lunch".

15 Dec 2008     

victor
Spain

Hello Wolfy,

I�ve just followed your suggestion "Error 1 Fix 1"
I hope it helps.

15 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

let me check

Bingo!

Doesn�t work for ws already up, but new ones yes, thanks a lot. �That deletes Error 1.

15 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Oh Grandma, what big teeth you have!

I am a tad claustrophobic and seriously dislike being covered in digestive juices, so alas shall have to decline...LOL

15 Dec 2008