Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A template to share    

A template to share

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

A template to share

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=537921#thetop

7 May 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I �m just wondering is this a template to use on a webpage or ppt, or is it for a printable? 
How often do you, Liz, use such printables for your ss? This would seem quite costly to me...
Sophia

7 May 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

if i am going to print a ws in color i usually make 25 copies and laminate them so that i can use them for a few years (i have used them the last 12 years and so far they are still usable) but usually i just print them in gray scale and copy them.  some members  here like to use color ws though this can be use as a poster or even in a web page, so i am just sharing it for those who wants to use them.

7 May 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Do you have an ink printer or a laser jet?
Sophia

7 May 2011     

libertybelle
United States

Good idea Liz!!

And if you let your students work in pairs - you only need to print half as many!

Often - when I really like a template or worksheet, but know it will be costly because of the colors - I upload it to my USB pen and show it on an screen.
The kids read it and answer the questions in their booklets.
They don �t need to have a copy of everything - they can easily read from an overhead
or projector or white board.

7 May 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

inkjet, but i always buy one ink cartrige then for 14 dollars i buy the refill bottles that allow me to print more or less 2000 pages in b/w  or maybe up to 1600 in color depending on the elaboration.  i also bought a laminator for 20 dollars and the pouches cost me 25 dollars for 200 pouches. so i think is worth it .

liberty i forgot that but , yes i have also proyect them using ppt since proyecting from word is messy.  by the way i always ask my students to have among their materials an erase board maker so they can answer directly in the laminated ws then i just spray water in the ws and  clean it with a tissue. thks for  the correction.  i wll fix the ws as soon as te system allows me since i tried and it said is under maintenance  

8 May 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I also have an inkjet and do the same with refills, but I �ve noticed overtime the quality has gone down, the ink is no longer evenly distributed (there can be visible lines of lighter shades) and the black nozzle for the black ink (or whatever that thing is called) is probably damaged... oh, well, now my ss get navy-blue printables most of the time :)
@Libertybell: I wish I could have a big screen (tv) in my classroom to get it connected to the laptop... 
Sophia

8 May 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

have you clean the nozzle?  when i buy the refills they come with a transparent liquid which is for cleaning so i use it to clean thenozzle sometimes when you see the lines is because the cartridge also needs to be clean so you can use the same thing to clean them.

8 May 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Interesting, I �ve never had any transparent liquid to go with the refillConfused Thanks for telling.
Sophia

8 May 2011     

juliag
Japan

Liz, it is so kind of you to use your computer expertise to make and share templates that you think some of the members here would like to use. Thank you for doing such a great job. Hug

8 May 2011     

libertybelle
United States

Remember to correct the word  title!  

8 May 2011     

1    2    Next >