Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > MY WORKSHEETS HAVE BEEN REPORTED AND REMOVED    

MY WORKSHEETS HAVE BEEN REPORTED AND REMOVED

karima.mostafa
Egypt

MY WORKSHEETS HAVE BEEN REPORTED AND REMOVED

DEAR ALL,

This is my first message posted in the forum. i just needed to express both my anger and frustration due to the fact that my worsheets have been reported and removed basically because someone reported that they have seen them before but can �t remember where! isn �t that really infuriating? you work so hard on worksheets and them someone simply report them and suddenly you are a cheater accused of stealing the effort and hard work of other members. this is SOOOO UNFAIR!!!

8 May 2011      

libertybelle
United States

If someone can �t prove where they �ve seen them - then they won �t be removed.
So hang on there - and see what happens tomorrow.
I �ll go and have a look - what were your worksheets called?

8 May 2011     

karima.mostafa
Egypt

thanks alot for your concern libertybelle, but my worksheets have already been removed. I received a message for one of them(language revision 1) telling me that someone saw it somewhere but can �t remember where exactly and the the other(african wild dog) telling me that the reading comprehension was taken from a book called reading comprehension. this is untrue since I have adapted the reading text ONLY from my seventh graders � book Framework Nonfiction but the comprehension questions are my own!

8 May 2011     

efty charle
Cyprus

They reported me two days ago too because I used pictures from a website I pay and I am a member of and I am allowed to use. And the exercises below were mine- simple and original. So I understand how you feel! The thing is that none of us has presented something we have not seen before. We �re all inspired by material we �ve seen during our teaching career, we all use pictures designed by someone else and as languages teachers we make efforts to create something nicer, something a little bit different. Being reported for using pictures or a similar idea is indeed frustrating....

8 May 2011     

mena22
Portugal

Good evening to you all. After reading your post, I can understand your frustration because no one likes to see their work reported. However, I believe situations like this could be avoided if we carefully read the rules of the site, which clearly state that
1- we can �t use any material from other esl resources even though we create our own exercises; (your 2nd worksheet)
2- we can �t use or copy the layout of other members � worksheets;
3- we can �t use watermarked or copyrighted clipart. (2 and 3 - your first worksheet)

Hope it �s all clearer to you now.
Have a good night,
mena

9 May 2011     

karima.mostafa
Egypt

Dear Mena,

First of all, I haven �t taken anybody �s layout. If by my 2nd worksheet you mean language revision 1, I used Kristen ITC  which is most frequently used by those who teach the lower elemntary grades like myself. I also used autoshapes from word 2003 and images I own from thistlegirl design, which are owned by dozens of other members on the sight.

Second, as for my 1st worksheet , I �ve taken the reading text from a book and adapted it, but the questions are all mine. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn �t this allowed?

Third, when someone reports a worksheet, they must remember very well and without having the slightest bit of doubt the worksheet they suspect was copied. Otherwise, anyone can simply claim they �ve seen any worksheet somewhere since most of us nearly use similar layouts and obtain our pictures from similar sights.

In the end, i assure you and everyone else that these worksheets are all mine and what happened was soooo unfair.

9 May 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Karima

If a WS is removed then 99% of the time there is just cause. In the rare 1% of cases a simple PM to Victor with a "polite" explanation will solve the problem.  All you need to do is politely PM Victor with your reasons that you stated in your post and he will consider it.  If he supports you he will reinstate your WS and your points.  He is very fair in his judgement as are the moderators.  The site rules are used to determine the decisions.

If you wish to comment on reporting issues and moderator behaviour please take it up with Victor as he is the only one who can deal with it.

Cheers

Jayho

9 May 2011     

karima.mostafa
Egypt

Dear Jayho,

I have already sent a "POLITE" explanation to Victor and he never replied, but thanks anyway!

9 May 2011     

Jayho
Australia

You just have to be patient and wait Karima - not only is he a busy man who provides this site to us free of charge but he is the only one who can solve your problem.  No-one else has that authority.  It might be that he may never get back to you so the next best thing after that might be to just forget it and move on. At the end of the day you are doing the WS�s for you and not for us and that is what counts, isn�t it?

Cheers

Jayho

BTW, I do believe you are shouting in your e-mail and that really is not so polite Karima, not a good way to deal with the issue.  It is best to leave the capital letters out in situations such as these.

9 May 2011     

karima.mostafa
Egypt

Dear Jayho,

am not really shouting! am just using your own word (polite) as i do feel am under attack merely for sharing how i feel with co-members on the forum.

any way, am sorry i ever thought that how i feel was anybody �s concern.

thank you all and have a wonderful evening!

9 May 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

Excellent words, dear Jayho. So clear and precise.

9 May 2011     

1    2    Next >