Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Difficult student, 1 to 1 lessons.    

Difficult student, 1 to 1 lessons.

aliciapc
Uruguay

Dear Marion, of course I understood you didn �t mean permission, and I think their feelings are important for us, parents, to help us deal with the moment they are going through, to help us understand certain reactions they may have. But again, sorry to say, it �s difficult to get them involved, if not impossible. I talk with my kids very often about what �s coming and really show interest in what they have to say, talk about the future country of residence and the good points about it, but that �s all the involvement I feel they can have.
It �s hard to say what one would do unless you are going through such a situation ...
But I agree about the kids having a place in all this, they are the reason why parents move in most cases ... Have a good night :-)

10 May 2011     

roneydirt
United States

What types of games have you played?  Games where he has to "kill" might also be good.  (Battleship (sentence), adapted version of Plant �s vs Zombies (or what ever video game he likes), games where he talks about things he likes to do.  The other subjects might be needed too since there will probably be a difference in the education level on what was taught.  Also agree with the others and he does need space to move around.  If no other classes how about outside?  Sentence basketball, you play him and the first to (10,20, 30) points wins the game.  But in the end remember we are not miracle workers even if the outside world wants to think it and there are some kids no matter what motivation we try just won �t learn because they don �t want to.

10 May 2011     

< Previous   1    2